PDA

View Full Version : Dometic Thermostat model# 3312024

sandy43
12-21-2016, 05:11 PM
On my Dometic Comfort Control thermostat I couldn't get it to work. I finally found out how to reset to default. Turn off, push mode & zone at the same time. IniT will show on screen, remove fingers from mode & zone, turn unit off. Turn back on and everything works. Hope this helps someone with a similar problem.

My "only" problem is the furnace won't work. I tend to think it might be a circuit board in the furnace. Gas is good, fuses good, don't know what else to look for. Any suggestions? Thanks

sandy43
12-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Wish someone would address my furnace issue. I'm fairly mechanically inclined (retired chemical engineer), but this furnace thing has me stumped. What am I missing? Really don't need a furnace, but I like everything to work, I paid for it. Thanks
Sandy

JRTJH
12-24-2016, 02:23 PM
There's a good furnace troubleshooting guide in this manual: http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf

You might want to spend a few minutes reading through the "theory of furnace operation" part of the manual. It will explain (in great detail) exactly what is happening, when and why. Understanding the "sequence of operations" of the furnace makes looking for problems much easier and takes a lot of the guesswork out of "what is supposed to happen".... It also makes the part about "knowing what's going to occur next" much easier to anticipate...

Once you "think you know what to expect" because it's supposed to be like the furnace in my house, is when you realize that they are two entirely separate concepts and don't operate anything even close to the same way.

Good Luck !!!

sandy43
12-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks JRTJH. Good info.