PDA

View Full Version : Brake Repair–West Palm Beach–My Experience

TravlinOn
12-21-2016, 05:05 AM
I have a 2010 Keystone Montana which might not have been known for having excellent brakes even while new. I bought my 5th second- hand from a private owner who had traveled most of the states and through lots of mountains along the way. My 5th is around six years old.

All this to say that I noticed my brakes did not do much but I did not have them checked out until I heard a rattle/grounding noise at one of the wheels.
Finding a qualified brake repair for a 6 ton almost 40 footer is not easy anywhere, I guess. Few, if any, dealers in my area have a decent reputation; so, I searched for and decided on a local “semi-truck, bus, RV” repair shop called Excel Fleet Service, West Palm Beach. My experience there was very good with the mechanic going out of the way to being helpful and knowledgeable about what he is doing.

My advice to anyone who has a trailer with miles on it is to have any problems checked out by someone who knows what they are doing and remember that brake pads, magnets, and drums don’t last forever.

chuckster57
12-21-2016, 05:51 AM
Always nice to hear of a shop that does a good job, and makes the customer feel like they matter!!