PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Hose Box

srvnt
12-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Fabbed up a sewer hose box. So much easier to deal with, holds 2 10' hoses and attachment. Also a good excuse to buy a new rivet gun. I keep an old spare in the bumper.

cardinal96ss
12-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Great idea. Did you use a 5 inch square vinyl fence post?

66joej
12-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Very neat looking mod! Is that vinyl eavestrough that the hose is in?

Tm98
12-18-2016, 02:22 PM
I'm looking to make something very similar. The only gutter section I could get was an aluminum one that I will have to adjust a little to get it to work.

srvnt
12-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Yes, 5" vinyl fence post and caps with rain gutter eavestrough and caps from Lowes or HD.

slow
12-18-2016, 03:44 PM
This mod is a great one to add for the sewer hose. I made a second for my ladder.

cpaulsen
12-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Did the same thing a few years ago. Much easier than a storage box.

eds451
12-19-2016, 07:33 PM
My 5th wheel did not come with the traditional bumper box, so I did the same. Painted it black. I like the idea of holding the ladder. May have to do that along with my other winter trailer projects.

busterbrown
12-19-2016, 10:18 PM
I did the same. Mods and improvements I would have gladly paid for. (http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=211487&postcount=32) Painted black, the undercarriage hose storage looks like a factory item on the Bullet line with the dark skirting. White, not so much.

rhagfo
02-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Did the same about a year or so ago, holds everything fittings included.
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_223792_0_cc54c03685d152c04bdccd2fed72e854.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_223792_1_a3d0c0712bf6bbc3e2f2f08a9c6924c0.jpg

Ddubya
02-12-2017, 03:03 PM
I purchased these end caps from Amazon and installed them with saddles made from 2x6 and stainless u-bolts. The caps are attached to 6 inch PVC with 8x32 screws after drilling and taping the PVC. RTV seals where the cap meets the PVC.

Ddubya
02-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Here is another photo of the installation

bsmith0404
02-13-2017, 03:59 AM
My 5er came with a sewer hose storage along side the frame. Only problem is that the connections on the Rhino hoses don't fit in it, so I just use it to store a spare hose. Do the Rhino connections fit in this mod? I may just replace the current storage tube with a larger PVC pipe, but it's good to have options.

Ddubya
02-13-2017, 04:49 AM
I have not found any sewer hose or connection that will not fit in this.
I also carry a couple of pieces of plastic rain gutter to support the hose when it is connected.
My fiver also came with the hose storage tube but they are almost useless.

PARAPTOR
02-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Here is the one of the original posts and member comments including mine.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16811&highlight=sewer%2Chose

A you can see I chose to use the clamps rather than have to drill into the frame. I used the eight foot post and it holds a 10 foot and 15 foot Viper sewer hose. The addition of the gutter in the fence post , great idea, whoever the original post was, is really clever , eliminates wear and tear from sliding the sewer hose in. Just pull put hose in gutter and slide into fence post. In emergencies have use gutter to support sewer hose when setup. Both end caps on mine are removable, ie if need 10' take out on side , need 15' get from other end. May add a second one for the short pieces of sewer hoses used at the dump stations and filling the portable tanks (blue boys) and some other sewer adapters.

In my this option this is is a must have MOD, all parts available at lowes, love those clamps rather than drilling.

EDIT: Repaired Link !!

sourdough
02-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Here is the one of the original posts and member comments including mine.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...t=sewer%2Chose

A you can see I chose to use the clamps rather than have to drill into the frame. I used the eight foot post and it holds a 10 foot and 15 foot Viper sewer hose. The addition of the gutter in the fence post , great idea, whoever the original post was, is really clever , eliminates wear and tear from sliding the sewer hose in. Just pull put hose in gutter and slide into fence post. In emergencies have use gutter to support sewer hose when setup. Both end caps on mine are removable, ie if need 10' take out on side , need 15' get from other end. May add a second one for the short pieces of sewer hoses used at the dump stations and filling the portable tanks (blue boys) and some other sewer adapters.

In my this option this is is a must have MOD, all parts available at lowes, love those clamps rather than drilling.

Paraptor: the link said it's not found on this server. Might be because of the recent changes on the site? What was the approx. date of the post and I'll see if I can find it.

PARAPTOR
02-13-2017, 03:03 PM
"Paraptor: the link said it's not found on this server. Might be because of the recent changes on the site? What was the approx. date of the post and I'll see if I can find it."

Thanks sourdough, good catch !! Tried to fix a previous post by copying that post into another thread. Apparently you can not do a straight copy when the content being copied has a link address with in it :nonono: I fixed the link and tested it which I did not do after the original copy, thinking a copy is a copy :banghead:

Again Thanks

1st Chev Diesel
02-13-2017, 03:36 PM
My 5er came with a sewer hose storage along side the frame. Only problem is that the connections on the Rhino hoses don't fit in it, so I just use it to store a spare hose. Do the Rhino connections fit in this mod? I may just replace the current storage tube with a larger PVC pipe, but it's good to have options.

bsmith0404 I have the same Alpine sewer hose storage along the side of the frame that you have. Like you I would prefer a storage system that will take the Rhino hoses with the connections. At present how and where do you store your Rhino hoses and connections?

Gary

bsmith0404
02-14-2017, 04:55 AM
bsmith0404 I have the same Alpine sewer hose storage along the side of the frame that you have. Like you I would prefer a storage system that will take the Rhino hoses with the connections. At present how and where do you store your Rhino hoses and connections?

Gary

I just use a Rubbermaid tote in the basement storage.

srvnt
03-29-2017, 01:04 PM
I just use a Rubbermaid tote in the basement storage.

I did the same thing , but even after always rinsing hoses at home AGAIN, the storage compartment still took on a weird smell that finally went away after the move.

PARAPTOR
03-29-2017, 01:42 PM
I did the same thing , but even after always rinsing hoses at home AGAIN, the storage compartment still took on a weird smell that finally went away after the move.

I think we all probably started out storing them in some form of tote, as you I could not take that smell, and to be honest I was not about to flush it with say with Clorox after each use. Keep thinking have to do something about this, then seen a post years ago on the forum describing a mod hanging a container (round,square) under the rig, I still to day think the most clever thing was installing the gutter inside there to avoid sliding the hose (wear) in the container each time. Place hose in gutter and slide gutter in the container,

srvnt
03-29-2017, 03:23 PM
Yep! Lots of good idea's out there too.