PDA

View Full Version : These outside lights will not go off: Security, hitch and under front steps lights

team222
12-16-2016, 07:58 AM
2010 Montana 3750FL

These outside lights on the unit door side won't go off using DS panel switch: Security, hitch and under front steps yellow lights

The other security light on the non door unit side ....does go on and off using the ODS switch.

We have never used the remote and the battery in it appears to be dead. Took the screw out, but the front and back would not come apart.

Greatly appreciate any advise/help.

Mike

JRTJH
12-16-2016, 08:05 AM
It's probably the remote unit that "burped" as the battery went dead. If you disconnect your trailer battery (at the terminals, the battery switch won't work) it will "reset" the remote control "main panel". Then your light should work at the switch. Once you do decide to replace the battery in your remote, you'll probably have to do the "initialization/pairing" sequence. Look at your owner's manual for the remote (not the Keystone booklet) for instructions on how to replace the battery and how to get it working after replacement...

Good Luck,

team222
12-16-2016, 09:21 AM
It's probably the remote unit that "burped" as the battery went dead. If you disconnect your trailer battery (at the terminals, the battery switch won't work) it will "reset" the remote control "main panel". Then your light should work at the switch. Once you do decide to replace the battery in your remote, you'll probably have to do the "initialization/pairing" sequence. Look at your owner's manual for the remote (not the Keystone booklet) for instructions on how to replace the battery and how to get it working after replacement...

Good Luck,

Hello John...

I disconnected the trailer battery and the three lights per my post still stayed on.

Then I pulled our the 50a cable out of the RV park post connection.... pushed it back in ....that worked.

The three lights now go on and off using the DS switch.

Thanks for your reply and help :applause:

Mike

Campy
12-16-2016, 10:56 AM
Disconnecting the battery while your "pugged in" will not reset the board since you are still providing 12v from the shorepower converter, but you already figured that out by unplugging the 50 amp cord.

JRTJH
12-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Yup, "what campy said" LOL I'm glad it worked out for you. Now, just to find that darned owner's manual, replace the battery and reset the remote and you'll be "back in the saddle again" :)

Have a great "rest of the day"

RLM5150
12-16-2016, 07:55 PM
We have never used the remote and the battery in it appears to be dead. Took the screw out, but the front and back would not come apart.

Are you sure the remote isn't a rechargeable? My Outback has a remote and it has a usb connection to recharge the batteries.

team222
12-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Are you sure the remote isn't a rechargeable? My Outback has a remote and it has a usb connection to recharge the batteries.

There are no holes or slots of any type in the top or bottom case halves for remote charging

There was a small screw in the case tabs at the bottom of the remote which I removed. See top pix and tabs are on the right/3 oclock.

With the case tab screw removed the upper and lower case halves would not come apart = most likely me not smart enough yet again to figure it out .....but brute force split them enough to get the battery out. Seeee pix :banghead:

Thanks everyone for all your help

Mike