PDA

View Full Version : Passport vs. Bullet

RichR
12-15-2016, 03:46 PM
I have been looking online at both Passport and Bullet trailers and I'm having a hard time figuring out what the difference is between them outside of the graphics and interior trim. Is one built better than the other, better materials, etc.?

If that subject has already been covered here please point me toward it.

jmak
12-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Per Keystone

The Passport and Premier are made pretty much the same. The focus is on the floor plans, and lighter weight The Cougar X-Lite is focused on a little heavier build, king bed, ladder backer, walk on roof, and then some features.

Tbos
12-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Basic construction is the same. Small differences in the way the floor plans are set up. Some of the Bullets have more storage and windows in the slides. Looking at them side by side is the best way. Good luck.

busterbrown
12-16-2016, 04:12 AM
I have been looking online at both Passport and Bullet trailers and I'm having a hard time figuring out what the difference is between them outside of the graphics and interior trim. Is one built better than the other, better materials, etc.?

If that subject has already been covered here please point me toward it.

When I was in the market for our current bunkhouse travel trailer, I narrowed it down to 2 twin Keystone models, a Passport 3220BH and Bullet 308BHS.

My extensive walk-through of both gave me this impression. The Bullet had a few more amenities including aluminum rims, extra pantry closet (a huge plus when traveling with children), extra overhead sofa cabinets, and solid sliding interior doors (vs curtains).

The only thing that grabbed my attention on the Passport was that it came with a standard queen size mattress (60x80) vs the RV queen in the Bullet.

I must have walked between the two units at least 5 times. Everything else was cosmetic differences. Quality of wood trim, fabrics, and craftsmanship were just about the same.

Price points were similar too (within $1000) at respective dealers. The wholesale dealer I purchased my Bullet at had both models on his lot. I walked about 50 feet to compare the brands. Made decision making easier. :D

Mike484
12-16-2016, 07:56 AM
Floorplan is what did it for us.
All the components (AC, stove, refrigerator, microwave, water heater, etc., are the same in both models.
Build quality is the same. Built in the same plant by the same people.

Model A Driver
12-16-2016, 11:00 AM
The Bullet had the requirements I wanted but when the wife saw the single huge sink she stopped cold and would not consider any thing else.

JimQ
12-16-2016, 12:27 PM
The Passport and Bullet are basically the same. We chose the Bullet for the floorplan that worked for us. In the Passports we checked out, We didn't like the pedestal table in the u shape dinette ( wasn't stable ) and the swivel TV up against the bed. We are happy with what we have. Good Luck with your choice !

temccarthy1
12-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Per Keystone

The Passport and Premier are made pretty much the same. The focus is on the floor plans, and lighter weight The Cougar X-Lite is focused on a little heavier build, king bed, ladder backer, walk on roof, and then some features.

I have a 2014 Bullet. My understanding from the dealer is that the main difference is that the Bullet is more upgraded on the interior ( ie: cabinets, trim, etc) As far as the structure, framing, appliances, weight, they are almost identical.

the sodfather
12-16-2016, 03:11 PM
We looked at lots of trailers. Like you, we compared the Bullet and Passport. We found they were basically the same price with the Bullet having a little nicer finish materials. Better colors for us and we liked the big sink too. We went with the Bullet 272BHS.

Tbos
12-16-2016, 07:20 PM
We chose a Passport 2810BH because of the extra height in the bathroom tub and extra door in the bathroom. In our version of this model we are able to access everything with the slide in.