PDA

View Full Version : Need Replacement 12 button (landing, awning, etc) Remote

TravlinOn
12-11-2016, 08:22 AM
My remote control for the landing gear/awning/in-out/etc has a new battery and still does not seem to work. I don't know if I am punching buttons in the correct sequence to turn the functions on and off or if I need to replace the remote.

The remote is a GAMA Electronics OL9-KF340-3.

Is there some specific sequence of buttons to turn on the remote and select a function. How would I go about finding a replacement?

I have used the Keystone web site to ask the above questions but have not yet received a response.

Thanks.

JRTJH
12-11-2016, 08:53 AM
There are three different "models" of remote control used in the 2010 Montana. Here is one of them. The other two are also available on the same website. http://www.trekwood.com/products/142404/Mechanism-Quad-Control-Panel-Kit-Remote-System-2009-w-IRC Trekwood does sell individual parts, so don't think you need to buy the entire replacement system.

You can contact Trekwood by phone to discuss your situation. They do have a "tech support" section that may be able to get your current remote "up and running" without the need to buy a replacement. My guess (just a hunch) is that you may just need to "pair/connect" the two after the battery replacement.

Good Luck

TravlinOn
12-12-2016, 04:30 AM
John, I do not know how to "pair connect". Is there a standard method for this, or will I have to find a specific to my model method?

chuckster57
12-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Pairing/connecting is standard for that system, and isn't VIN specific. Trekwood's technical support may know the steps, if you still have the owners manual that came with the RV it should be in there too. You may have to call the manufacturer of the remote system if you don't have any luck.

TravlinOn
12-13-2016, 04:04 AM
Chuckster57 - Thanks! I think you have the solution(s).

TravlinOn
12-16-2016, 04:11 AM
My remote control for the landing gear/awning/in-out/etc has a new battery and still does not seem to work. I don't know if I am punching buttons in the correct sequence to turn the functions on and off or if I need to replace the remote.

The remote is a GAMA Electronics OL9-KF340-3.

Is there some specific sequence of buttons to turn on the remote and select a function. How would I go about finding a replacement?

I have used the Keystone web site to ask the above questions but have not yet received a response.

Thanks.

FOLLOW-UP: i eMailed GAMA ELECTRONICS support with a question about how to "Program/Pairing/Connect" their Keystone version 12 Button Remote. They sent me the instructions, and I plan to give it a try.

ctbruce
12-24-2016, 06:12 AM
FOLLOW-UP: i eMailed GAMA ELECTRONICS support with a question about how to "Program/Pairing/Connect" their Keystone version 12 Button Remote. They sent me the instructions, and I plan to give it a try.
You should post them up to share with others. At some point in time somebody else will need them! I hope it fixes yours!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

TravlinOn
12-25-2016, 06:08 AM
Chip, I would post the instructions here except that it is in a .pdf formatted attachment to an email, and so far Adobe has confounded my efforts to attach it here.

Any suggestions?

ctbruce
12-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Chip, I would post the instructions here except that it is in a .pdf formatted attachment to an email, and so far Adobe has confounded my efforts to attach it here.

Any suggestions?
Hmmmmm. I'm not an IT guy, but you should be able to save the attachment to your computer and then attach it as a file. You would have to be signed in to your account before you could this.

Maybe someone else on here will have better instructions for you.

On any event, Merry Christmas!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

bobbecky
12-25-2016, 12:26 PM
I have found, trying to attach things like that, it is easier to print it, then scan it into a document file, and once you have scanned it, just copy and paste directly into a reply.

jbanderson
02-22-2022, 06:33 PM
You should post them up to share with others. At some point in time somebody else will need them! I hope it fixes yours!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

And here I am, 6 years later needing this information! I had to register just to reply lol

sourdough
02-22-2022, 07:57 PM
And here I am, 6 years later needing this information! I had to register just to reply lol

Now that you've registered I would start a new thread in the proper forum and ask your question. Most folks aren't going to re read a 5+ year old thread to figure out what you're talking about. Be sure and delete this post when you do.