PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite CG near NO LA

CaptnJohn
12-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Looking to make a big detour on our way home to NC from FL around mid-March. Would like to find a nice CG near New Orleans ~~ maybe an hour away. Looking for FU and preferably a pull through for a 35' 5er. Who has a favorite in the area?

notanlines
12-11-2016, 03:56 AM
John, we have stayed at Bayou Segnette State Park many, many times. This is an exceedingly safe RV park with the gates locked at 10:00 and give the RV'ers the combination to get in and out. Location is about 10-15 minutes from downtown and is next door to the PGA golf course. Seems like the rates are about $22 or so. Sites are back-in but huge with absolutely plenty of maneuvering space, Here's the site: http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-state-parks/parks/bayou-segnette-state-park/

JRTJH
12-11-2016, 07:26 AM
Don't forget that you can get a 50% discount on camping fees at Louisiana State Park campgrounds with your US Golden Passport (from the National Park Service). There are some stipulations, but essentially, if your state honors the Golden Passport, you are eligible for the discount.

gearhead
12-11-2016, 03:20 PM
I've been telling myself the next time we go east we are taking the slow road, old US90. Stop for good long lunch somewhere, maybe Café Vermilionville in Lafayette, and this park would be a good stop.

theeyres
12-12-2016, 08:14 PM
John, we have stayed at Bayou Segnette State Park many, many times. This is an exceedingly safe RV park with the gates locked at 10:00 and give the RV'ers the combination to get in and out. Location is about 10-15 minutes from downtown and is next door to the PGA golf course. Seems like the rates are about $22 or so. Sites are back-in but huge with absolutely plenty of maneuvering space, Here's the site: http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-state-parks/parks/bayou-segnette-state-park/

x2. Very short drive to the ferry that takes you to heart of NO. Great place to camp.

CaptnJohn
12-12-2016, 09:00 PM
x2. Very short drive to the ferry that takes you to heart of NO. Great place to camp.

Sounds like this is going to work. Had hoped to be farther out and drive toward the city, will turn things around I guess. We will probably spend more time in Cajun country than the city.