PDA

View Full Version : Cable loop above TV

kcordell57
12-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Can anyone tell me what the cable loop above the RV in the Keystone Premier (30RIPR) is actually for? Asked the dealer and he wasn't sure. Took it apart and there is a grey cable and a black cable coming to it from somewhere on the inside. The cable connection for the TV is already there in another spot.

LarrySharon
12-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Just taking a stab, do you have a exterior mounting bracket? Could it be for the connection from the tv to the external connection? Just a guess.

chuckster57
12-08-2016, 07:36 PM
The loop is for a satellite receiver. Most likely your Cable in is also the Sat in. When connected to park cable the loop allows the signal to reach the TV. Using a satellite receiver, you remove the loop, and one port is IN to receiver and the other is OUT to TV.

1l243
12-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Yep, what the chucster said. On mine I remove the top of the loop and connect the the sat box IN to the exposed cable connection.

On the outside of the trailer I connect my Tailgator Sat Pod to the Park cable. This bypasses the whole power tv outlet and gives you a straight Sat connection....