PDA

View Full Version : BBQ on 2011 Laredo 291TG

rturriff7
05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know if the 2011 Laredos come with the bumper BBQ? It seems like the pictures I have seen are inconsistent. Some have it, some don't.

jq1031
05-05-2011, 02:45 AM
It is offered as an option on certain models.

six_nine_tall
05-06-2011, 04:02 AM
Hi Ryan, my 2011 Laredo was plumbed and had the mount for it - guess that might not apply to all of them though.

SLIMSHADIE
05-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I added mine, not that big of a deal. If your comfortable working with a gas line. I just extended it about another 3.5-4.5' all the way up to rear stabilizers, with another quick connect. Looks factory, wait, it's better than factory.

Here's a link:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=863

tribalsimba
05-07-2011, 06:38 AM
My 2011 303TG came with the grill, all fittings, and mounts.

DEW
05-07-2011, 05:20 PM
My 2011 291TG came with one. It was not an option, part of the package...
It is still in the box, so I assume everything is there.
The rear bumber has the bracket arm and the LP gas is plumbed out to the bumper for it.

rturriff7
05-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I assume mine will come with it. I'll let you know.

The Sod Father
05-09-2011, 10:22 AM
If it does not, I would recommend getting an aftermarket grill like the Weber Q-100 or the Weber Grill 2 Go. Both are outstanding products and can be used "away" from the trailer. Personally, I like to keep my Weber on the picnic table and away from the awning and windows where smoke can get into the camper. I also like having the Weber as a secondary grill when we have large parties and need more grilling space.

Another thing to consider - if you look for the RVQ (or some other attached RV grill) on e-bay and/or Craigs list, you will find quite a few for sale, new in box. That should tell you something about the appeal of these grills with other campers. Some folks have complained about the overall performance of the RVQ by Vitco (Vitco is now out of business but the RVQ was resurrected as a new product). Others (like myself) are a bit skittish about having a grill hanging off the side of the trailer and a major heat source so close to the sidewall. Food for thought.

rturriff7
05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Interesting. I'll keep those points in mind. Thank you

jq1031
05-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Interesting. I'll keep those points in mind. Thank you

One final thought, the weber Q is an excellent choice, but keep in mind you will have to retrofit it to work on your RV gas line, as the gas is already low pressure after going through your propane tank regulator. I just purchased the Olyphian 5500 stainless steel grill, which is ready to use on the RV gas line, even comes with its own stand the hose & male end of the disconnect so you can plug it in & start cooking.

The Sod Father
05-12-2011, 01:13 PM
One final thought, the weber Q is an excellent choice, but keep in mind you will have to retrofit it to work on your RV gas line, as the gas is already low pressure after already going through your propane trank regulator. I just purchased the Olyphian 5500 stainless steel grill, which is ready to use on the RV gas line, even comes with its own stand the hose & male end of the disconnect so you can plug it right in.
Good point JQ. One of my campering buddies uses a Q 100. He removed the regulator from the Q and had a hose made that will go from the quick connect to the threaded fitting on the grill. I just use 1lb tanks and re-fill them off a 20lb tank. This way the grill is truly portable and can go anywhere - with or without the trailer.

We use the Q-200 at tailgate parties, picnics or on the patio when the Weber Genesis is loaded up.;)

jq1031
05-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Good point JQ. One of my campering buddies uses a Q 100. He removed the regulator from the Q and had a hose made that will go from the quick connect to the threaded fitting on the grill. I just use 1lb tanks and re-fill them off a 20lb tank. This way the grill is truly portable and can go anywhere - with or without the trailer.

We use the Q-200 at tailgate parties, picnics or on the patio when the Weber Genesis is loaded up.;)

That fitting after the Regulator is removed is 1/8" male end....so you need to retrofit that to your hose which is 1/4" male or female depending on the hose ! I understand that ACE Hardware stores have the fittings to do this.......Sod Father is correct as you can refill your canesters off a tank....CW sells the part to do that...

rturriff7
05-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Just got the trailer. The BBQ was there.