PDA

View Full Version : Help with slide cables not being right

roadglide
12-05-2016, 09:44 AM
I got my rv back from holiday world las cruces like this. I'm confused with a starting point. We have been studying the slide adjustment procedures. What should I do about all the nuts at the turnbuckle?

slow
12-05-2016, 10:41 AM
I would check if the cable with all the nuts came off a pulley. I cannot think of any other reason it would require that much adjustment to take up the cable slack.

xrated
12-05-2016, 10:59 AM
The tech, if that's what you want to call him/her, doesn't have a clue about adjusting that slide. I would agree with slow......check and see if a cable is off of a pulley or a pulley has come loose....or at the other end of the cable to make sure that the "pull" is OK and isn't bent or loose. They butchered that one.

Also, check out my thread here......http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26924

roadglide
12-05-2016, 03:46 PM
The tech, if that's what you want to call him/her, doesn't have a clue about adjusting that slide. I would agree with slow......check and see if a cable is off of a pulley or a pulley has come loose....or at the other end of the cable to make sure that the "pull" is OK and isn't bent or loose. They butchered that one.

Also, check out my thread here......http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26924

I removed all panels all the pulleys and cables looked good. I then removed all the nut spacers and there where 2 cables singing from not having vice grip holding the lug. Could replacing a motor and having a chain out of time cause the left side adjustment the slide with nut spacer. When I bring in the slide the lift cables have a lot of slack for the going inn is that normal? the slide is working good with occasional stumble.

xrated
12-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Can you repost that question ^^^^^ or correct it.......I can't figure out what you are talking about. "2 cables singing"

roadglide
12-06-2016, 07:05 AM
The nut behind the tools didn't back the lug causing the cable to wind when I loosened the turn buckle the cable made a singing noise. I think the chained is off time with the motor sprocket. As the slide is going in I have to much cable slack . That was the reason for all the spacers. The slide is working good but appears to be to much cable slack going out for the left side.