PDA

View Full Version : Oops

jkohler70
12-02-2016, 05:13 AM
Needed something out of the front storage compartment, but instead of using the catch to hold it open, I used my left hand. Then I needed to use my left hand to pull a storage crate out. Gravity did the rest.

cardinal96ss
12-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Ouch. Been there but thankfully was luckier than you.

66joej
12-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Can sympathize with you. I usually get it on the top/back of my head.

JRTJH
12-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Anyone who has walked into the pinbox on their fifth wheel can attest to the fact that "There ain't no spring in spring steel". Same can be said for the bedroom slide when working near that cargo door. Many of us have "suffered a similar fate" and have "RV bites" to show for being on the receiving end of an "aggressive RV door".

Hopefully there'll be no "permanent damage" to your scrapes or to your ego. Here's hoping for a "fast healing process"

jkohler70
12-02-2016, 09:23 AM
3 stitches in the nose. Luckily, I wasn't handsome already. No damage to my ego....I just laughed at myself.

gary31
12-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I was always afraid that would happen to me so I installed a door spring lift.
Now if I can keep from hitting the top of my head as I reach into the basement It would be great

notanlines
12-02-2016, 10:31 AM
One thing about it, you will forever be reminded of your error of ways.....

byrdr1
12-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Anyone who has walked into the pinbox on their fifth wheel can attest to the fact that "There ain't no spring in spring steel". Same can be said for the bedroom slide when working near that cargo door. Many of us have "suffered a similar fate" and have "RV bites" to show for being on the receiving end of an "aggressive RV door". Hopefully there'll be no "permanent damage" to your scrapes or to your ego. Here's hoping for a "fast healing process"

X2 on these here deals.
been there done that more than once.
The pin will not give and then when you hit the ground on one knee in shorts.. There's another scrape to knee..
Ouch. hope you feel better soon.
randy

Alpine
12-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Ouch! You look a bit young to be having this situation! Lord help you when you get "our" age! :banghead: Hoping for a speedy recovery!

kksfish
12-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Geez, Hope you didn't do any damage to the door��

msp2jxr
12-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Just about knocked myself out on the pin box and have also been hit in the head by the cargo door. The latch was to far back and never held the door securely. After the second time the door got my I moved the latch... I know just how you feel.

DarylW
12-13-2016, 04:08 AM
We just bought our first TT a couple of weeks ago and first time out I must have run smack dab into those doggone awning supports a bajillion times. Had quite a nice bruise to show for it. It was funny the first time or two. Not so much after that... It made for funny stories at work later.

Get well soon!