PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear legs

davvalh
11-25-2016, 02:02 PM
I have a 2014 Springdale fifth wheel. I think one of the drop down legs (the one with the holes) is bent. Does any one know how the are fastened in the inner leg of the landing gear? Also how long are they?

randy69
11-25-2016, 05:29 PM
There should be a manufacture and model number on one of them. Mine are venture .. I took my slave off and bought one with a second motor. Have one for free you pay for shipping. Also have the square tubing they call the drive shaft to the slave... Just sitting in a box in the garage..

eds451
12-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Do you still have the landing leg???

bg71361
12-11-2016, 07:44 PM
There should be a manufacture and model number on one of them. Mine are venture .. I took my slave off and bought one with a second motor. Have one for free you pay for shipping. Also have the square tubing they call the drive shaft to the slave... Just sitting in a box in the garage..

Where did you purchase the single leg? What brand landing gear do you have? Thinking of doing the same.
Thx

mtofell
12-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Do they fall out the bottom if the trailer is raised enough? If so, try swapping them to see if the problem switches sides. If so, the fix is pretty easy in that you just need a new part. If the upper part is bent it gets more complicated, of course. I've had this happen on a couple 5th wheels before. Even my brand new Keystone Hideout had this at the time of delivery. At the PDI I noticed it and luckily they just swapped the lower part with another unit on their lot and everything has worked great since. I suspect they are made so that the lower part will bend/fail first since it's easiest to replace. Of course, that is applying logic which often times escapes RV manufacturing so maybe it's just luck. :)

chuckster57
12-14-2016, 01:14 PM
The lower (inner) legs are only held in place by the pins. The upper (outer) legs are held in the housing by the gearing and the housing is mounted to the frame.