PDA

View Full Version : Furrion propane oven

Ddubya
11-19-2016, 06:34 AM
My 2017 Alpine has the Furrion oven and I can find very little info about it.
It came with a stone tray that slides into the same slot as a metal tray.
Furrion mentions that the stone provides for more even cooking and it can be used for pizza.
Should the stone be left in all the time in place of the metal tray?

chuckster57
11-19-2016, 06:43 AM
I would leave it since it does help with more even cooking.

JRTJH
11-19-2016, 10:57 AM
The only thing I'd caution against is vibration while travelling. If your oven is situated in your trailer so that it isn't subject to a lot of bouncing during towing, you'll probably be OK leaving the stone shelf in place. If, however your oven is in a location in the trailer where things bounce around a lot, then you might want to remove the stone shelf during travel so it doesn't get broken. I know it seems like a hassle, but if "owner's manuals and information" are hard to come by, imagine trying to find a replacement "rock" at a dealership along your travel route while on vacation.

I don't know if the manual even addresses this as a caution or not, but you might want to consider whether or not it could be broken while travelling. ??? Who knows, I'm not familiar with that oven, so it may not even be a consideration ?????

Steve S
11-19-2016, 12:56 PM
I only take mine out while on the road as they do break easily. As for cooking leave it in and you can cook anything that you want on it. Perfect home made pizza, bread etc all the time"bouncey:

Ddubya
11-19-2016, 01:32 PM
I used a pizza stone in my previous RV oven to even out the heat by just laying it on one of the grates. This oven has a slot that a solid metal shelf slides into. If you remove the metal shelf the pizza stone slides into the same slots so there is no way it can bounce around.