PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Ram 3500 mega cab Diesel DWR short bed.

papi
11-18-2016, 08:58 PM
For those of you who's got Dodge trucks. Any advice on the 3500 DWR with the short bed? I also have a Superglide FW hitch. Does any one have this set up? Thanks for any advice.

Barbell
11-19-2016, 05:04 AM
We have a '16 3500 DRW since February and were told then that a DRW was not available with a short bed. May not still be true.

kfxgreenie
11-19-2016, 06:01 AM
Megacab gets the shortbed.

papi
11-19-2016, 06:52 AM
They do for 2017. Since I am going to upgrade should I go the extra mile and get the 8" .
This truck will be my daily driver.

chuckster57
11-19-2016, 07:52 AM
I'm of the opinion that you should get what makes YOU happy. I have a crew cab long bed dual rear wheel. Is it a pain to park? No but don't plan on the front row. Would I drive my truck as a DD? Yeah if it was the only vehicle I had to drive and my commute wasn't 50 miles each way as I only get 14 MPG empty.

Desert185
11-19-2016, 08:50 AM
They do for 2017. Since I am going to upgrade should I go the extra mile and get the 8" .
This truck will be my daily driver.

Well, since you asked...its a pickup, so I use a long bed quite a bit, and mine is a daily driver. The bottom line, as mentioned, is that you should get what you want and what works for you.

kfxgreenie
11-19-2016, 10:14 AM
You can NOT get the 8' bed with a mega cab. With a crew cab you CAN get an 8' bed. So it boils down to what cab configuration you want as to what bed you will get.

papi
11-19-2016, 02:27 PM
I should explained my self better. For those whose got DWR with a short bed when it comes to towing any regrets about not getting the 8 ft bed instead? I like them all and in all configurations but, does it make any difference at all, long vs short bed for towing purposes only.

mtofell
11-19-2016, 07:08 PM
I should explained my self better. For those whose got DWR with a short bed when it comes to towing any regrets about not getting the 8 ft bed instead? I like them all and in all configurations but, does it make any difference at all, long vs short bed for towing purposes only.

As long as you have a slider hitch there should be essentially no difference. There are likely a few pounds one way or another with the ratings depending on the weight of the truck but with the DRW that difference is likely not even close to mattering. I think it's just the age old debate about slider hitches and bed length.