PDA

View Full Version : New member from Missouri

PaulandJan
11-17-2016, 06:18 AM
Greetings.

Jan and I just returned from spending Veteran's Week in Branson at Cooper Creek Resort and Campground. This was our first outing in our new 2016 33RES. Traded our 2012 31RKS in.

Had two issues with the 33RES. The Black and Gray tank labels on the outside are reversed. Luckily I had left the valves open when I turned on the flush water. 2nd is that at below 38 degrees the furnace can't keep the inside temperature up. I blame that on the open duct in the below the floor area.

Anyone else have comments about the furnace ducting and heating? I would have thought that with the "Polar Package" the heating system would be much better than it is.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Paul and Jan Hobbs, Columbia, MO

busterbrown
11-17-2016, 06:59 AM
Welcome,

The "Polar", "Arctic", "Thermal", etc. etc. packages are marketing fufu. Some manufacturers describe it as an "extended season" package, which I think is more appropriate.

We camped in our Bullet last April when we purchased it and nighttime temps were in the high 20's. The furnace ran frequently but did keep up during the night. We also added a couple of space heaters to keep the propane usage down.

We're deer hunting this weekend in it and temps will be in the high 20's again. Our deer camp will be cozy as both propane tank are full and we have enough gasoline for the generator to keep the electric going.

DAN d
11-17-2016, 02:15 PM
good deal welcome from ma :wlcm:enjoy

notanlines
11-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Paul and Jan, welcome to the forum. Our Raptor weathered 26 degrees in Yellowstone, night after night, with only one electric heater. Something is amiss with your rig. 28 degrees is not a stretch for your furnace.

Tbos
11-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. I'm a Navy Vet too. Thanks for your service. Enjoy your new rig. Hope you get the bugs worked out. I agree your heater should have been able to keep you warm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctbruce
11-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig. Good to see more MO people on the forum!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!