PDA

View Full Version : Furnace

Hoss83
11-15-2016, 06:51 AM
I have a Keystone Laredo 5th wheel. I went to turn on the furnace this last weekend and it does nothing. No air coming from the vents and no heat. Propane bottles are full and I checked the breakers and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions?

JRTJH
11-15-2016, 07:18 AM
We'll need a lot more information that you've provided. First, did it work properly last season? Second, did you hear the furnace attempt to light? Third, did the fan come on? Fourth, was there any heat at the furnace vent on the outside of your trailer? Fifth, did you hear any clicking and/or the sounds of the burner igniting? Sixth, do you have proper "propane operation" at the stove and the refrigerator and water heater?

If you would, explain in detail what you observed and give us a short history of any previous problems or if no problems, when you last had the furnace working properly, how old is your trailer, any other symptoms you can think of about the furnace and/or its operation.

hankaye
11-15-2016, 07:56 AM
Hoss83, Howdy;

I have a Keystone Laredo 5th wheel. I went to turn on the furnace this last weekend and it does nothing. No air coming from the vents and no heat. Propane bottles are full and I checked the breakers and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions?

Did you check the FUSES? The heater works from 12vdc not 120vac.
It is easy to confuse.
Also, what is the charge in your battery(s)? As they are what makes the
furnace work if they don't have an adequate charge then it won't function.

hankaye

Hoss83
11-16-2016, 04:48 AM
Yes it worked last year. The fan does not come on. I do hear the clicking but it does not light and no there is no heat coming from the outside exhaust vents. Both propane bottles are turned on and are full. I did light the burners on the stove to make sure that I have propane flowing. I did check the furnace fuse and it looks fine. The battery should be fine and the camper is plugged into power to keep the battery charged. But I will test the battery. It is a 2010 Keystone Laredo 265RL. Thanks.

jsmith948
11-16-2016, 06:38 AM
If the fan isn't working, the sail switch won't allow gas to flow. If you hear the igniter clicking, it would seem you have power to the furnace. You have to determine why the fan isn't coming on. Could be that a mouse or squirrel has built a nest around the fan? If you do a search, I remember there being a thread about removing the furnace in order to troubleshoot the blower motor.

Hoss83
11-16-2016, 11:54 AM
Thanks, I will check and see about pulling the furnace and checking the fan. Thanks again.

Milocka
11-17-2016, 08:22 AM
I've got a 2010 Laredo 305TG with almost the same issue. The fan turns on but no ignition. I've replaced the igniter which didn't solve the problem. I think it may be the gas valve itself. That's next on my list.