PDA

View Full Version : 2400BH Sink Faucets

ray6501
11-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know why when you turn on the faucets they are backwards from any other?

Steve S
11-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know why when you turn on the faucets they are backwards from any other?

Could you expand on that? Are you comparing it to other taps?:confused:

ray6501
11-12-2016, 03:34 PM
The direction in which you turn on the cold and hot is the opposit of the way you turn on any other faucet.

Steve S
11-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Which "any other faucet" are you talking about?:confused: All straight handled faucets turn the same way whether they're in a trailer of a house and even in an operating room."bouncey:

ray6501
11-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Sorry forgot to say I am talking about the bathroom faucet and you turn the knobs opposit of the kitchen, bath tub, and outdoor ones.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Harleyhop
11-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Sounds like the cold and hot stems are reversed imo....

chuckster57
11-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Some brands of faucets have the cold side turn on/off backwards. It's not plumbed wrong, it's the design of some faucets. Don't ask me why, but I see them in Forest River "Sun Seeker's" all the time.

ray6501
11-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Is there a correction for this?

chuckster57
11-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Change out the faucet. Should have standard spacing, so you could upgrade with your choice from the local big box home improvement store.

ray6501
11-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Thank you for all your help

JRTJH
11-12-2016, 11:33 PM
If I remember correctly, Phoenix faucets have cartridge valve sets in them. It's sometimes possible to just remove the cartridge, turn it around 180 degrees and solve the problem.

If you look at your faucet, you'll see that the "lever part" of the handle unscrews, then there's a small set screw that holds the "bell housing" in place, remove that, and you should be able to use a crescent wrench to unscrew the cartridge valve assembly nut. Once that's removed, pull the valve assemble straight out of the valve seat, turn it around 180 degrees, reinsert it and reinstall the valve assembly nut. Install the "bell housing" and screw the handle lever back in place. That should fix your "turns on wrong" problem.

chuckster57
11-12-2016, 11:56 PM
If I remember correctly, Phoenix faucets have cartridge valve sets in them. It's sometimes possible to just remove the cartridge, turn it around 180 degrees and solve the problem.

If you look at your faucet, you'll see that the "lever part" of the handle unscrews, then there's a small set screw that holds the "bell housing" in place, remove that, and you should be able to use a crescent wrench to unscrew the cartridge valve assembly nut. Once that's removed, pull the valve assemble straight out of the valve seat, turn it around 180 degrees, reinsert it and reinstall the valve assembly nut. Install the "bell housing" and screw the handle lever back in place. That should fix your "turns on wrong" problem.

Next unit I PDI, I will try that if it's a Phoenix brand and report back.

busterbrown
11-13-2016, 12:07 AM

My tub faucet was set up the same way. After a weekend of cursing the shower and sink, I invested a few dollars in 1/4 turn faucets (http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=204171&postcount=1) for the bathroom. It has made RV living so much easier. No more accidentally turning either handle the wrong direction and getting a wicked blast of cold or hot water.