PDA

View Full Version : Campground memberships

antiqfreq
07-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Does anyone here have a campground membership?

I know there are MANY out there!

We don't belong to any , yet, but probably will in the future.

Does anyone have any experience with joining up with any of
these groups?

I know of:

Good Sams
Thousand Trails
RPI

Any others?

Jody

placergoldman
07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Hello Jody,
We belong to CRA (Colorado River Adventures)and they are associated with Coast to Coast..We live in So Cailf. and most of the CRA campgrounds are along the Colorado on the California-Arizona border..Make sure you check the company out real well before you decide..Remember,the people you are talking to are SALES people...Our membership was about $6000.00 and a yearly membership fee of $360..You can camp at quite a few regular campgrounds for that kind of money..If we had to do it all over again we wouldn't do it...It may be worth it if you are full timers and are on the go all the time..We still have a few years to go before we can go full time..Also you can get memberships from people who are selling theirs and they are much cheaper...Hope that helps..

Tim

antiqfreq
07-22-2009, 04:33 AM
I forgot there is also Passport America for about $40 a year
and Happy camper club for about $50 a year.

Both of these, I believe, offer 50% of regular rates using their
campgrounds - this (I am sure) will exclude any Holidays......

Jody

hoffbrew
07-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I am going to check this too. Right now I have membership/share at Pismo Coast Village. This was a one time buy in @ $9000.00 (6 yrs ago)and gives me 64 days per year and in the off season I can use 1 for 2 days. No annual fee or assoc. fees.
BUT... this "share" limits me to them only, makes it nice for quick getaways. Now we are starting to travel when we can and I am liking it.