PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Laredo Backup Lights?

sjturbo
10-31-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm actually wondering if it has wiring for backup lights. It only has brake lights. I know I could pull apart the rear lights to find out. But, since it is a 2010 and in the Arizona sun I thought I would see if anyone could answer without having to do so. Reason I am asking is I would like to add lights and backup camera but do not want to run another wire. Thanks!

JRTJH
10-31-2016, 07:21 PM
No, your trailer does not have back up lights, it also does not have wiring for back up lights. With the exception of the umbilical cable (7 way cable) from the truck hitch connection to the first "junction box/connection box". From your truck, the center pin (#7) is usually called the "accessory connection", is the yellow wire and is used for back up lights. You can verify that it is connected as such on your tow vehicle by having someone start your truck, put it in reverse (apply the brakes !!!!!) and then use a test light to check for voltage on pin #7. Then have them put the truck in neutral and the power should drop on that pin. The umbilical cable is a standard part and it does contain the yellow wire, so you do have "back up light wiring" from your truck to your first junction box.

Anyway, from the junction box where the umbilical joins the trailer wiring, you can run a "new wire" to your new back up lights. I haven't wired mine yet, but have everything sitting in the trailer. I bought two "horizontal shaped" LED floodlights and plan to mount them on the bumper standoffs (when I get around to it)......

sjturbo
11-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the information. I was thought that would be the case. It's interesting how each year cars improve with features and technology and RV's seen to take a step back each year.

rhagfo
11-19-2016, 03:45 PM
Well you will likely need to run the wire. I would also use a relay to operate the Backup lights. I take the 12V from the 5er battery and use the BU line to operate the relay.

I prefer old school Quartz lighting for the BU lights.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_216893_0_631f3be717f7fd89f9e00b1fb30af488.jpg