PDA

View Full Version : how water bypass on passport 3220

jbird1311
10-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Anyone know of location? I'm guessing under oven, but haven't opened it up yet.

Thanks

chuckster57
10-31-2016, 12:11 PM
If you don't have a valve at the convenience center (where you hook up fresh water hose) then it will be behind the water heater. Quite often it means removing a drawer or panel. Panels use a #2 square (Roberts) head.

poppin_fresh
10-31-2016, 07:21 PM
It looks like it's under the oven in that model.

If it's like my Bullet, there is only a single valve on the bottom of the tank to bypass as the top side (hot) of the tank has check valve instead of a more traditional valve. This means you only need to turn off the bottom (cold) side of the tank to winterize.

busterbrown
11-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Your Passport is my Bullet's twin. There is an access panel behind the cabinet door that houses your hot water tank and bypass valve. The cabinet door in focus is located next to the main entry door under the kitchen sink/counter top. Open that cabinet door to see the access panel. There are 2 square head screws you'll have to remove from either side of the panel.

You'll see your bypass valve along the cold water intake to the hot water tank. Remember, the valve flows water the direction it points to. Turn it 1 quarter turn to set it in bypass mode, reinstall the panel, and begin your winterizing process.