PDA

View Full Version : plumbing route from toilet to tank on passport 3220

jbird1311
10-31-2016, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know the route, if it's a straight drop or have turns in it? Went to storage yesterday and when tank was "empty", i dry flushed and there was water and "stuff" just below floor level. Quite high for an empty tank if it's a straight drop. I cant find any answers on google.

Thanks

hankpage
10-31-2016, 10:58 AM
On a TT it is a straight drop on a 5er usually a close double 45 bend. The tanks are very shallow so even empty it will appear close but a broom stick can help you judge more accurately. It is rare that when you dump that the tank will be completely empty. JM2¢, Hank

chuckster57
10-31-2016, 12:26 PM
With a decent flashlight, just hold the bowl open. If it's a straight shot, you'll see the bottom of the tank. If it has any turns you'll see the first one. Most all RV's that are NOT fifth wheels are straight.

busterbrown
11-01-2016, 06:57 AM
I'm pretty sure its a straight drop like on my Bullet 308BHS. In fact, as Chuckster stated, you can peak down with a flash light and see the bottom of the tank when it's empty. My blank tank has a plastic ring (probably scrap during assembly) in it that circulates around when the fluid levels are high enough.

As a way to provide a visual to the black tank rinsing process, I will disconnect the city water connection as my blank tank is flushing via a different water hose. I keep the black tank dump valve closed and will hold the foot pedal down on the toilet. With a flash light, you can see inside the tank as it fills with fresh water. When the level is just about at the top of the tank, I open the gate valve and let gravity do it's thing. Make sure your sewer connection is seated properly as the blank tank "dumps" much quicker than than the gray tank.

jbird1311
11-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks all for the replies. I tried with a cheap flashlight. I'll try again with a better light.

chuckster57
11-01-2016, 12:30 PM
You can also use a piece of pvc pipe. If it hits bottom, it will sort of bounce.