PDA

View Full Version : Water drain 2911 327res

Irish Mist
10-23-2016, 06:42 AM
Not that it's a big deal but when I was shopping around for a fifth wheel I noticed water drains in the models I looked at.. Going to winterize and I am not seeing any drains I am not concerned just surprised. If by chance someone knows of a secret magic hidden drain ... Please share
Thank you

Irish Mist
10-23-2016, 07:05 AM
I found it.. It was in the rear All the others I had seen are at the side .. I'm learning be patient with me :)

JRTJH
10-23-2016, 01:39 PM
You say, "I found it" indicating that you found one drain??? There are three under your trailer. One is the fresh water tank drain and two are the hot/cold water "low point drains". Possibly you found all three, but if not, you might want to "crawl back under there and keep looking". Usually the low point drains are somewhere along the frame rail (chassis I beam) and have foam insulation sprayed around them.

Irish Mist
10-23-2016, 02:47 PM
John you are correct I found the other two between the axles.. Not along the edge where I expected to see them. I have filled all the lines with Antifreeze after I blew them all out but may just drain all so it makes less running of the water to get rid of the pink when we are warm again . So yes there are 3 water drains in total.. So really if I bow them out and drain it all there really is no need for the pink stuff which I do not care to use..
Thank you

Campy
10-24-2016, 06:02 AM
I drain mine and blow out the system (don't forget the water heater tank) and only put the pink stuff in the "P" traps and toilet bowl. Don't forget when blowing it out to step on the flush valve or it will hold water and freeze.