PDA

View Full Version : Bullet 248 RKS Bedroom Light

malabarbob
10-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Search I did but could not find a wall switch to turn the ceiling light on/off, above the bed. My wife has difficulty reaching the switch that is right on the light itself.

Thought about running a wire over the ceiling panel from the light and down the wall to a switch. On a different RV, this was next to impossible with all the foam in the walls and ceiling. Has anyone tried this?

My backup plan is I bought a 12 volt remote transformer/relay and wire it to the light fixture and velcro one of the two remotes to the wall to act as a light switch.
Any thoughts?

JRTJH
10-21-2016, 07:26 AM
You might want to consider modifying the existing light fixture by removing the off/on switch and replacing it with a "pull chain" switch. Several of us have added that type switch to the light over the dinette. It wouldn't be difficult to modify a "pancake light" the same way. If you're "not handy with mods" you could consider replacing the fixture with one that already has a "pull chain" switch.

srvnt
11-19-2016, 12:12 AM
I ordered a 12v remote that came with 2 remotes for the light over the bed, 12 bucks. One remote I stuck by the bathroom door and the other under the bedroom overhead storage, right above our head. Awesome mod.