PDA

View Full Version : Free standing table

MG72B
10-21-2016, 04:49 AM
Hello, I have a 2016 Cougar 5er 26rls. We have only done about 6 trips. My free standing table is starting to come loose. I have tried to re-secure it but it keeps coming lose. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, if so what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick

MG72B
10-21-2016, 05:11 AM
I just want to clarify that the table is screwed into the floor.

Thanks

Dave W
10-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Move it an inch or so whatever direction you can then refasten. Ours has been in 3 different places for other reasons, but is easily refastened to the floor. Don't use any longer screws as the slide (assumed in the slide) floor is not very thick. Make sure the screws are quite snug but don't strip out the floor threads by over tightening. Of course you could just leave it loose as the manufacturer did in our now gone previous 5er. It never moved.

Dave W
10-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Move it an inch or so whatever direction you can then refasten. Ours has been in 3 different places for other reasons, but is easily refastened to the floor. Don't use any longer screws as the slide (assumed in the slide) floor is not very thick. Make sure the screws are quite snug but don't strip out the floor threads by over tightening. Of course you could just leave it loose as the manufacturer did in our now gone previous 5er. It never moved an inch in many thousands of hard miles.