PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lights Won't Turn On?.....NEWBIE

Mosnowman
05-01-2011, 06:51 AM
I apologize in advance for this silly question. Just got my new Bullet 278 and this morning plugged it in and everything works but the radio and lights. The electric hitch also isn't working. I assume it is the battery but don't understand why the lights and radio won't work on electric alone. Is this the problem? Battery has to be charged for light and radio? Thanks !

96Brigadier
05-01-2011, 07:02 AM
If you are plugged into shore power than your lights, radio, and everything else electric inside your trailer should be working. If nothing works then it doesn't sound like something as simple as a fuse, that would be multiple fuses which is unlikely. Does your water pump work?

Paddler
05-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi,
Congrats on your new rig! Assuming you have the trailer running on shore power (115VAC) then I would also suspect either a battery disconnect switch set to the off position or a fuse/circuit breaker issue. The trailer interior lights, radio and the electric jack all run off 12VDC even when the trailer is plugged in.
Good luck,

Mosnowman
05-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I used a marine battery charger and charged the battery and the lights and radio work. I'm curious about the switch you mentioned. Where would I find the battery disconnect switch?

Paddler
05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Some rigs come with battery disconnect switches, our Montana did. Most travel trailer do not come from the factory with one. However, many RVers install an after-market disconnect switch to prevent the battery from getting killed while in storage. The CO detector and other parasidic draws will eat a battery in about a month. You can buy a kill switch from Harborfreight.com for around $5.

wgb1
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Mosnowman, Can't help you with your problem, but congratulations on your new TT. Your gonna have a blast! We are!

hankpage
05-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I used a marine battery charger and charged the battery and the lights and radio work. I'm curious about the switch you mentioned. Where would I find the battery disconnect switch?

It sounds like the converter-charger is not working. Are all circuit breakers turned ON?? If you are plugged into shore power there should be no reason to use an external battery charger ... the converter should charge the battery, supply 12v DC and maintain the battery if working properly. Hope this helps you enjoy your new trailer, Hank