PDA

View Full Version : Gen Fuel Tank Vent?

xcntrk
10-13-2016, 10:49 AM
I have a Fuzion 325 with dual fuel tanks, one for generator and one for fuel station. I appear to be having a venting issue (lack thereof) with the generator tank. It all started in noticing the tank creaking from expansion/contraction as the ambient temp changes. You literally hear hit pinging as it swells or shrinks. When I unscrew the fuel cap, it will often hiss or inrush air. All of this seems to imply the tank vent is nonexistent or not working. Anybody else have this problem???

schmeg
10-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Mine made some creaking when I filled it the other day. We haven't owned the RV long enough yet to determine any venting issues.

Prowler59
10-13-2016, 03:55 PM
Yes, my Raptor did that the first time I used it. I haven't had time to inspect it but as a temporary fix I left the gas cap barely on while the generator was running.

Pull Toy
10-14-2016, 02:39 AM
Have you tried switching caps to see if the trouble follows?

Good luck,

Desert185
10-14-2016, 06:58 AM
My toyhauler doesn't have a fuel tank, so I have not experienced this.

Sounds like a malfunctioning vent system. If its more convenient at this time, you could replace the existing fuel cap with a vented cap until the vent system issue is resolved. Take the cap to NAPA Auto parts and have them match it with a vented cap.