PDA

View Full Version : Installed a new converter

Dave W
10-12-2016, 01:58 PM
The original converter fan started droning and vibrating so instead of trying to fix it, opted to replace it with one a size larger. Quiet reigns now"bouncey:

Super easy job as the power center already had that odd ball 20 amp receptacle and a 20 amp breaker. You do need to pull the power center free to reach the plug though but that's only 8 screws. The hardest part was wading through the, ahem, 'treasures' in the 5ers basement to get to the bulkhead that needs to come out for access. Overall, about an hours work including shoveling out those basement 'treasures'.

I also added some rubber grommets to isolate the device from the mounting deck.

Old converter - WYCO 9865 (I'll eventually install a new fan and put on my spare shelf).
New Converter - WYCO 9875

Best price when ordered was Makarios. Ordered it on Saturday and received it yesterday, Tuesday, installed today.

twindad99
10-12-2016, 05:50 PM
The original converter fan started droning and vibrating so instead of trying to fix it, opted to replace it with one a size larger. Quiet reigns now"bouncey:

Super easy job as the power center already had that odd ball 20 amp receptacle and a 20 amp breaker. You do need to pull the power center free to reach the plug though but that's only 8 screws. The hardest part was wading through the, ahem, 'treasures' in the 5ers basement to get to the bulkhead that needs to come out for access. Overall, about an hours work including shoveling out those basement 'treasures'.

I also added some rubber grommets to isolate the device from the mounting deck.

Old converter - WYCO 9865 (I'll eventually install a new fan and put on my spare shelf).

New Converter - WYCO 9875

Best price when ordered was Makarios. Ordered it on Saturday and received it yesterday, Tuesday, installed today.

I've been very satisfied with the service from Makarios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk