PDA

View Full Version : Autozirkus - Scam?

ebomb
10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm looking to buy a 2013 keystone raptor from a lady on Craigslist but she says I have to go through a third party called auto zirkus consignment and sales, Im courious if anybody has ever bought anything through these people. Thanks

chuckster57
10-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Quick search on yahoo with my smart phone...can't find it. Maybe a scam?

JRTJH
10-12-2016, 12:47 PM
I did a Google search and came up with this comment dated earlier this month (October, 2016) from a boat forum:

Glad the site is back up so I can warn you guys. It is a scam and I've reported it to the FTC. I got through to the invoice stage without a transfer of money since it had the stench of a scam. No way I'd send money without seeing it in person. They couldn't identify the storage address and the boat magically jumped states. The boat hull ID # did not pull up on any of the mentioned state agency's records that I called. I got a friend at our bank involved and their investigation department traced it to a shoddy apartment in New York. Think we have the individuals name.

When I went back to the website and live chatted with them, I mentioned the address and the persons name. I was immediately cut off from the site.

Sounds to me that it's not somewhere I'd want to send money. I'd urge you to look at the RV, get your bank or local PD to run the VIN to make sure it's not stolen and DON'T exchange any money without knowing exactly who you're dealing with !!!

notanlines
10-12-2016, 07:21 PM
This whole deal is bogus as a football bat! Run, don't walk, from it.

chuckster57
10-12-2016, 07:46 PM
This whole deal is bogus as a football bat!

You mean my Brett Favre Slugger is bogus??

ebomb
10-14-2016, 06:22 AM
It does sound like a scam but then I find forums like this http://rafikdahercpa.com/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/37/RVnet-topic-autozirkus-pending-purchase.htm and this guy says it was his best experience. And you find these same posts in other forums as well. So I email auto zirkus that I wanted to drive from ct to sc in myrtle beach to look at the camper and they won't give me a address of these so called secret location warehouse! They want me to register and give them a picture Id and they tell me the time to go

Janet H
10-14-2016, 07:01 AM
It does sound like a scam but then I find forums like this http://rafikdahercpa.com/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/37/RVnet-topic-autozirkus-pending-purchase.htm and this guy says it was his best experience. And you find these same posts in other forums as well. So I email auto zirkus that I wanted to drive from ct to sc in myrtle beach to look at the camper and they won't give me a address of these so called secret location warehouse! They want me to register and give them a picture Id and they tell me the time to go

SCAM! Be sure to check the url of the forum or review site you are looking at in your browsers address line. They are using hacked sites to host altered pages from real sites. That page looks like rv.net but is actually hosted on a hacked site somewhere in india. If you were to locate the original thread over at rv.net you would find that it differs from this glowing revision.

bdaniel
10-14-2016, 10:10 AM
Same thing happened to me regarding a used Honda 7000 generator. Good deal, low hours. Emailed the owner, she had to sell it as her husband recently died. I wanted to see it, she said something about being in the service and off base. She wanted to "get the ball rolling" quickly and said something about a 3rd party thru eBay would handle the shipping and money.

Started smelling very bad. Told her I was backing out. I started checking Craigslist every few days and the same ad popped up in different cities every few days.

Huge scam. Any Craigslist ad where you can not go see the product and make payment in person is a scam. Craigslist even tells you so.

sourdough
10-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Scam. Went thru this trying to buy another old Jeep on Craigslist. Great price. Had a pic. But, again, a 3rd party thru ebay that couldn't be substantiated. When I tried to pin the seller down on vehicle location, whoops, he had just been re-assigned to SD. He wanted me to go ahead and pay for it and he would deliver it (to TX) free. Smelled very bad. Contacted him and told him to give me the address in SD and I would be there next day. Wouldn't do it...just wanted to take the cash - and after I told him it was a scam the add came off. Get away from that deal.

Campy
10-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Come on people, there are plenty of good deals to be had at dealers and local people that are legit. Giving out info and photos of yourself is asking to be hacked and have your identity stolen. Stay away from places like this or you will get exactly what you don't want,... trouble!! Good people get scammed everyday and the root cause is greed, something for nothing or I can't pass up that price or it's too good to be true. Stop and think!!

whitescrew77
10-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Hammy scammy!