PDA

View Full Version : Demco Hijacker Autoslide Hitch w/MORryde Pin Box

Jgkopp
10-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Set up my GoPro in the bed to catch this set up in action. I have to say it works great. Can't see it when I am driving so I did this.

https://youtu.be/cNqZpXd_-F4

ctbruce
10-11-2016, 03:49 AM
That's pretty cool. I don't understand the physics or engineering behind it, but seeing it work makes that a moot point. Thanks for sharing. I'm not ready for a 5th wheel for a couple of years, but I'll keep this in mind.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

Tom N OH
10-16-2016, 04:27 PM
You need to tighten up those capture plates on the side of the 5th wheel. There shouldn't be any "twist" between the 5th wheel top plate & the pin plate. Love my Demco Autoslider.

Jgkopp
10-16-2016, 04:34 PM
I was seeing that too. They told me I could remove or set with plenty of clearance because I installed a special capture plate for the MORride pin box. It has a "v" after the pin to lock-up the hitch plate. Obviously there is some play to it. For sure it will rotate the hitch anyhow.

Tom N OH
10-16-2016, 05:37 PM
The play is excessive if you ask me. If you look at the position of the hitch when you are going straight ahead, it isn't even close to being centered. This can allow the hitch head to slide forward & back as you stop & start, causing some uncomfortable "bumping" sensations. If you watch your video really close, you can see some of this from time to time. If it were me, I'd either tighten up the side plates or weld up the "V" on the capture plate for a tighter fit. I'm just kinda OCD like that, though.