PDA

View Full Version : Guessing I winterized correctly.....

msubobcats
10-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Pink stuff running out of kitchen, bathroom vanity, shower, toilet, outdoor kitchen and the "outdoor faucet" at the other outdoor faucet...
All this after draining low points and thoroughly blowing out system with 25 psi...
Then I ran the pump for another couple of seconds.
My rv dealer made me up a hose to snap into the in port on my flojet pump so I could syphon out of the jugs.
This was the first time doing the antifreeze method. The flojet is at the rear, left side of the fifth wheel and the access hole is terribly small.. I cannot move into small spots like that very well. Am thinking about increasing the access hole size by double...

Tbos
10-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Sounds like you have it covered.

instymp
10-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Pour some down all sink & shower drains, P or T traps?

msubobcats
10-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Pour some down all sink & shower drains, P or T traps?

And all traps also.

Tbos
10-10-2016, 03:11 PM
I figured if it was running out of the faucets it was filling the traps. You also need to make sure there is pink in the black tank too. Hopefully you also blew out the black tank flush.

CWSWine
10-10-2016, 03:19 PM
If you have washer hookups you need to bleed the water out them and make sure you get anti freeze in the lines.

gkainz
10-11-2016, 05:32 AM
don't forget the black tank flush line, if you have one.

bitten
10-11-2016, 06:42 PM
I have W/D hookups but they are not used. Still need to drain or use antifreeze there?

JRTJH
10-11-2016, 07:05 PM
I have W/D hookups but they are not used. Still need to drain or use antifreeze there?

Yes you do. In the spring when you "dewinterize" you flush all the antifreeze out of your cold and hot water lines. This includes the washer lines, even if you don't have a washer/dryer. Any antifreeze that remains in any part of the water lines can cause an "aftertaste" to your entire system. Additionally, during use, just having water pressure "to the junction going to the washer connections" will dilute anything that might be in that part of the plumbing, so you'll need to "flush and replace" the antifreeze in that part of the system as well.

notanlines
10-12-2016, 05:41 AM
What ^^^^^^they all said....plus did you drain the water heater?

Desert185
10-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Don't forget a little Bulleit bourbon after the winterization process to "defrost" the humans in the equation. :thumbsup: