PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Watt Inverter Generator @ Canadian Tire...

HammerToe
10-06-2016, 10:28 AM
...for Canadian members/anyone who might be in the market for a 2KW Inverter Generator might be interested to know that Canadian Tire is selling Champion 2KW units ('yellow/black' for $499.99 (plus GST and PST of course...).

This is a pretty good price, IMO. Haven't seen any at this price for a couple of years now.

I own TWO units (Costco - 'All Black') with the coupling kit and have been very happy with them. They start easily, are VERY quiet (IMO - have to 'TRY' to hear one left running behind my 5th - is virtually inaudible inside the trailer) and quite light at under 50lbs each empty.

Anyway, just thought that someone might be interested.

zuley
10-06-2016, 11:47 AM
That's a great price. I believe I paid $649 on sale this past spring at CTC. Was at Costco last evening and had a look at the Champion 3100. They were priced at $799.

HammerToe
10-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Interesting... I'm currently sitting/dry camping on a lakefront in the Whiteshell in Manitoba so I can't check at Costco 'bricks and mortar' but that $799 price for the 3100 is also very attractive. While as mentioned I cannot check the B+M Costco, I did just check the Canadian Costco website and they currently list the 2KW unit for $669.99 and the 3100 watt model for $999.99! I suspect (maybe?) the $799 price you mentioned may be an end-of-season 'in-store' clearance... AT 'that price', if I was looking for a genny and did not mind the extra weight of it, I would probably 'pop' for that model.

I will have to 'check' when I get back in the city next week.