PDA

View Full Version : Warning for 2400 BH Model Owners

whitmw
10-04-2016, 05:09 AM
Let me start by saying this is a great TT for the price but I have recently found a flaw we all need to be aware of. I went by my dealer for some warranty work (very minor) and he showed me a model just like mine (2400 bh) that the upper front cover had basically collapsed due to water leaks between the lap seal, front cover and roof. It seems there is no support there and the seals flex quit a bit in the heat breaking the seal if stored uncovered or in direct sunlight. That means we have to stay on top of you seals and inspect the front roof seals way more frequently than reccomended. That being said I do not regret buying this tt one bit. Just a warning to other owners. :)

jkohler70
10-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Just get a roll of Etermabond tape. Front cap seals are notorious for leaking. After developing a leak, and trying in vain to find where I needed to caulk, I applied Eternabond. I've seen reviews from people who have 10 years with this product applied and no issues.

Tbos
10-05-2016, 03:43 PM
There's a post about a 2015 Passport 238ML with a similar leak. Bottom line the seals have to be checked and resealed all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whitmw
10-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Yep you have to always check the seals but I really like the Etermabond tape ideal. Camper is still under factory warranty so I might do that as soon as it is out. It came with a lifetime warranty on some of the basics, but I doubt the tape will affect that.