PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from Denver Colorado.

timowj03
10-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Hey Fellow Campers,
New to this site but have had my 2014 KeyStone Outback 250rs for a little over a year. I was pulling with a 2012 Chevy Tahoe but recently traded it in for a 2015 Ford F150 3.5 SCrew for its awesome towing capability.
Been camping with the wife and kids a few times in it, but this the extent of my RV experience. Have learned the hard way that if you want to RV camp (with electric) in most places here in Colorado, your best bet is to reserve a spot the MAX time out at 180 days in advance. Otherwise its tough to find a good spot. I'll be ready this coming November to begin the reservation process. :-)
Looking forward to learning from the more experienced people here and sharing info.

14george
10-04-2016, 01:23 AM
:wlcm: to the fourm from W Va

BirchyBoy
10-04-2016, 02:37 AM
Welcome! We just moved from CO, and you hit it on the head. Start booking for March NOW!

ctbruce
10-04-2016, 02:53 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

DAN d
10-05-2016, 05:45 AM
welcome :wlcm:from ma :wlcm:

Tbos
10-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gkainz
10-06-2016, 06:43 AM
HiDeeHo, neighbor! :)

SummitPond
10-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Welcome timowj03.
We visited family this spring (May) in Denver. Had a great time in town and the environs. We camped out in town on one of their driveways - we didn't see any campgrounds in the area. Anything you can recommend? We'll be headed back this May again to attend a wedding and our "campsite" won't be available this time.
Thanks.
ShacterShack

denverpilot
10-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Welcome timowj03.
We visited family this spring (May) in Denver. Had a great time in town and the environs. We camped out in town on one of their driveways - we didn't see any campgrounds in the area. Anything you can recommend? We'll be headed back this May again to attend a wedding and our "campsite" won't be available this time.
Thanks.
ShacterShack

Directly in town is tough. There's a couple of KOAs outside of town on I-70 a ways, and there's Cherry Creek State Park, Chatfield State Park, and I think one "ok" RV park over near Golden which is tight spaces and expensive, on the far west side of the metro area.

Frankly other than the State Parks and if you have access, the military parks, there's nothing else I would recommend staying at inside the Denver Metro area. The rest are dumps.

The independents south of the metro are high priced for what they are.

Most Denverites get far away from Denver metro when we want to go camping. :)

State Parks book real early if you're going to try that route. Months in advance works best.

Sorry I don't have more happy news. Denver Metro isn't very good for camping at all.

timowj03
10-18-2016, 04:40 PM
I agree with DenverPilot. Its not easy but if you don't mind driving about an hour for a decent spot, I'd stay at Horse Tooth reservoir or a little further at Carter Lake. Its off the beaten path and worth the drive for a little colorado scenery. If your planning a May trip, I'd start booking ASAP.
Good Luck!