PDA

View Full Version : Gfi outlet not working Please help

Mountainrambler
10-01-2016, 05:40 AM
Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and somewhat new to RV life. I have a keystone Fifth wheel. I came in and noticed the back ac was not coming on. I checked all electrical items and found that not only is the back ac not working neither are the gfi outlets in the garage, kitchen or bathroom and the fridge has switched to gas. I have checked the fuses and they seem ok ( not entirely sure). The breakers are not tripped and the power coming in is good.

Can you tell me what I am overlooking.

Thanks
Jo

chuckster57
10-01-2016, 06:53 AM
The GFI is built into a plug. Typical location for this outlet is the bathroom or kitchen.

Welcome to the forum!!

hankpage
10-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Are you sure that you are getting 50amp service coming in. Sounds to me as if you are only getting half of that service. Check breakers on the pedestal. Good luck and let us know what you find. Oh! Welcome to the family, Hank

ctbruce
10-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm with Chuckster on this one. Find tell gfi receptacle that has the resettable buttons. There's probably a proper name for them. See if that has tripped.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

sourdough
10-01-2016, 11:24 AM
It sure sounds like you have lost your AC coming in. If you have 50a you have 2 120vac legs. You may have lost one leg or both. You said that the power coming in is good; how did you determine that?