PDA

View Full Version : Flex air pinbox?

evanhix
09-28-2016, 07:56 PM
I was thinking of buying a Lippert Flex Air pin box. First, does this improve the ride quality enough to justify the expense? Second, does this extend the pinbox to increase the turning radius of a shortbed? Any additional info would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

chuckster57
09-28-2016, 08:03 PM
We installed one on a Solitude for a customer with serious back issues. He seems satisfied. We did put air bags on his truck first and he said the ride was a little better. After the flex air, he said the ride is much better.

IIRC his TV is a '15 or '16 Chevy 2500HD long bed.

bsmith0404
09-29-2016, 04:03 AM
I don't believe it adds any length to the pin box for turning. As for are they worth it, they do make a big difference over a standard pin box. I don't know if they are worth the money over other less expensive options such as the roto flex. I've towed trailers with flex air and they are nice, I have a roto flex on mine and have towed other trailers with a roto flex, as well as Mor Ryde. I didn't notice a big difference between any of them. All are a much better option over a standard pin box. For my money, I would go with a roto flex