PDA

View Full Version : Passport 2650 Reverse/Back-up Lights Solution?

eddiefenton76
09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
I have a Keystone Passport 2650BH and I'm looking for solutions or advice on installing Reverse/Back-up Lights on the trailer.

Has anyone explored options or solutions?
I would love to be able to light up dark campsites when I arrive late and need to back into tight spots.

Has anyone installed other light fixtures on the rear bumper of the trailer?

Any advice, photos, or discussion would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bmach
09-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Maybe some strategically payed glow sticks? That way your lights don't light up other campsites. But you could run a couple of lights mounted on the trailer bumped and connected to the trailer battery and a switch.

Tbos
09-28-2016, 03:25 PM
A friend of mine has 12 volt lights mounted to his frame just in front of his TT tires. That way he can see where they are when backing up. They could have a separate switch to the battery or you might be able to be wired so they come on when your TV is in reverse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poppin_fresh
09-28-2016, 05:46 PM
I haven't mounted any to my trailer, but I did buy a pair of small automotive "fog" lights from Wally World that I mounted on the back of my tractor so I could see at night when snow blowing using my PTO mounted blower. Those suckers are VERY bright!

The kit came with two lights, brackets, some wiring, and a toggle switch. Should be a pretty easy install and to hook it up directly to the trailer battery although you might need to lengthen the wire to reach.

JRTJH
09-28-2016, 06:14 PM
I haven't had time (yet) to wire/install my LED lights on the Cougar. It is my plan to wire them to the yellow wire (backup light wire) at the umbilical. I will run the wire under the RV to the rear bumper and connect the lights there. I have "pretty much decided" to install an "off/on" switch in the forward bay so I can disable the lights if they are not needed or if I'm backing into a site where it would be inappropriate to have extremely bright floodlights during setup.

the sodfather
09-29-2016, 03:11 AM
I have a couple rechargeable LED lights that have a magnetic base that work excellent for this. We use them for all sorts of things when it is dark out (lighting campfires, setting up, evening nature walks etc.)

bsmith0404
09-29-2016, 03:53 AM
The umbilical from the truck goes to a junction box mounted to the frame at the front of the trailer. As mentioned, the yellow wire is the backup light wire. On trailers without backup lights, the wire ends at the junction box. All you need to do is run a wire from the box to the back and mount some lights. There are several options for the type of light you can use a google search will give you a lot to choose from. A typical backup bulb is an 1157 so I recommend getting a light that you can use an 1157 or typical type bulb vs a flood/fog light type that is too bright.

trucker LOU
09-30-2016, 07:26 PM
Hey Eddie, I mounted backup lights on both sides showing back,and under rear bumper. they are wired to the yellow back up wire in the pigtail. I have not needed for such ,but would also make nightime wheel/tire service easier,----Lou--