PDA

View Full Version : Cover, Help needed getting the right one

Canonman
09-25-2016, 04:36 PM
It's getting time here to start thinking about winterizing and covering our Cougar. We measure 30' from front to tail. So, here's two questions we are looking for help with.

1.Is it worth the extra $ to get the "premium cover" over the standard cover and does anyone have a particular brand preference?

2. Sizing; it seems most covers run 28' to 31' with the next size 31' to 34'. Is it better to get one that fits snug (less flapping in the wind etc) or one that's a little larger??

Thanks all for any input, experience and suggestions.

BlueThunder34
09-25-2016, 06:51 PM
We have always used the ADCO cover (SFS Aqua shed due to our location), and loved them. I feel they are well made, vent well, protect from the elements and fairly easy to put on and take off. We have not had any damage from wind billowing, etc as the cover has vents to minimize this from occurring.
As for the sizing, I always purchased the size closest to the actual trailer length as determined by the sizing guide. These things are big and cumbersome as it is and getting an excessively large one will only make it more difficult to put on and off and a sloppier fitment. Also keep in mind when putting these on in windy weather they act as a big sail or parachute, don't ask me how i know.

Canonman
09-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Thanks Blue,
Will definitely take a look at the Adco