PDA

View Full Version : taking the plunge?

RichardJ
09-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Well, here goes!

My beautiful wife and I are looking at a trailer tomorrow.

Unlike other trips to the dealer, however, this is a trailer we might BUY! It is a 2017 Passport Elite 27RB. It appears to have the features we want, it's in our weight class, and (most importantly!) the wife likes the decor color! And it is at a dealer close to home. I'm calling to ask the salesperson to have a battery/battery pack so we can fiddle with the electrics.

I will be scouring the "how to buy" posts here. If anyone wants 1) wish us luck, and 2) offer your ONE great piece of buying advice.

By this time tomorrow, we may be owners!

Meg & Richard

Festus2
09-21-2016, 03:54 PM
One piece of buying advice -------
Go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum, click on the Inspection Checklist sticky at the top of the page, download it and take a copy with you to the dealership. Use this as a guide, take your time and get the dealership to fix, replace or repair any items you find that are defective. Check everything!!!

Cbrez
09-21-2016, 04:00 PM
When we were looking, there were three show stoppers for us. We wanted to be able to use the bedroom, bathroom and refrigerator without deploying the slides. Thought being when we are on the road, or stay overnight at a Walmart or Flying J, we want to be able to use these areas of the 5er with the slides in. Your floor plan looks like you could use the bedroom, but not the bathroom or fridge with the slides in. This may or may not be important to you, which is fine, just consider your tendencies when you travel.

Exciting times and wishing you all the best!

Tbos
09-21-2016, 04:05 PM
The PDI sticky is a good one. Have fun. If the dealer doesn't, can't or won't answer a question just ask us. Someone will know the answer. Hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dandemclean
09-25-2016, 05:31 PM
We just purchased a 2016 Passport Elite 27RB and absolutely love it. The bathroom Is accessible with the slides in. We upgraded from a 2013 Hideout 23RB. The new trailer tows so much better than the 23RB, because of the spread axles, and the Blue Ox SwayPro hitch we bought to tow it with.