PDA

View Full Version : Extend-A-Shower Install issue (location)

mfifield01
09-19-2016, 06:28 PM
Has anyone installed an extend-a-shower on a 2810bh? There doesn't seem to be a good location on the right side of the shower. There's not enough room between the shower basin and trim piece on the right side. I have thought about drilling into and mounting on the trim piece, but I'm not sure if it would cause issues down the road. Any ideas?

mfifield01
09-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Any thoughts about drilling and mounting to the trim piece?

My other idea is to get some type of spacer.

Pull Toy
09-20-2016, 02:49 PM
The outside corner trim molding is just used to hide where two pieces of plywood meet at a corner. It has no structural value.

I would not hesitate to mark your location, as displayed in photo #2 with a pencil line, and carefully cut a "divot" into the trim piece that corresponds with the shape of your fitting, using a sharp knife, chisel, or exacto blade. I would then use some clear nail polish to seal the raw wood. I would then carefully drill a small bore shallow test hole in the location of the screw holes, and probe with a paperclip to check for void or structural member. Being as you are at a corner it should have a stud. If not, consider using "wall anchor" inserts to add strength. Mount your hardware with a skim coat of RTV behind it, and secure it to the wall.

Good Luck!

hankaye
09-20-2016, 02:52 PM
mfifield01, Howdy;

X2 what him said ^^^^^^^^^^ .

hankaye

mfifield01
09-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Just saw this. I used some nylon spacers from a TV wall mount kit. It pushed it out far enough to put it in that spot.

I thought about trimming, but was thinking it might peel out over time.