PDA

View Full Version : Are Cougar holding tanks double-walled?

hdxbonez
09-18-2016, 04:48 AM
I'm looking into purchasing Ultraheat holding tank heaters for my Cougar. I havent dropped the coroplast underbelly yet, and was wondering how the tanks were heated from the factory. If the tanks have double walls with forced air ducted through, that would make installing the heat pads more effort than what it might be worth. Any ideas?

hankpage
09-18-2016, 07:21 AM
The tanks are single walled and heated by a 2" duct that just dumps some furnace heat into the belly. JM2¢, Hank

CaptnJohn
09-18-2016, 09:14 AM
The tanks are single walled and heated by a 2" duct that just dumps some furnace heat into the belly. JM2¢, Hank

X2. Mine are close enough except the FW tank. Those do not concern me but have wondered if the valves would freeze 1st when trying to dump.

Dhuhn
09-18-2016, 09:44 AM
I have a Montana that came with tank heaters I believe they are a pad that is installed on the tanks.

chuckster57
09-18-2016, 10:33 AM
All the heaters I have seen are pads attached to the bottom of the holding tank close to the outlet.

hdxbonez
09-18-2016, 11:11 AM

Thanks, they advertise them as warmed with ducted heat, but dont explain how. I'll go ahead and order the Ultraheat electric pads to apply to the bottom of the tank. The 4 pads I'll need are about $600, I didn't want to order them and then find I couldn't use them.

hdxbonez
09-18-2016, 11:14 AM
X2. Mine are close enough except the FW tank. Those do not concern me but have wondered if the valves would freeze 1st when trying to dump.

Ultraheat makes heaters for the valves and drains as well, but I'm thinking that well heated tanks and adequate insulation will suffice

hdxbonez
09-18-2016, 11:16 AM
All the heaters I have seen are pads attached to the bottom of the holding tank close to the outlet.

Thanks, I've had electric pads on previous RV's, and will install them on the current Cougar to supplement the factory ducted heat.