PDA

View Full Version : 2007 3400RL Slide Hydraulic Pump

tjl5709
09-15-2016, 08:14 AM
The slide pump is not generating pressure from what I can tell. What I have noticed recently as I open and close them, the pump does not change sound when all are fully open or when I get the last slide closed. Previously the pump would change sound when the rams had fully closed or openned. Today when I tried openning the unit, the last slide struggled to fully open and that got me thinking the pump is not generating proper pressure and a seal maybe going bad.

I see no visable leaks and the reservor is 1/3 full. I will try adding additonal fluid but I'm looking for some general info if I need to "fix" something.

Can the pumps be rebuilt and are seals available?

Is there a pressure relief circuit that might be sticking?

I'm just trying to learn the system and looking for some knowledgeable advise.

bsmith0404
09-15-2016, 05:17 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, your slides are closed and the reservoir is 1/3 full. If that is the case, you have a leak somewhere in the system. The reservoir should be about 2/3-3/4 full when closed and about 1/3 full when open. Leaks can generate in a lot of different places, but the most common are the lines/hoses and hydraulic cylinder seals. Pretty much everything on the system is re-buildable (except the lines, they need to be replaced). A typical place to start looking for parts is with Lippert, they manufacturer the majority of the RV systems. Another good place to look local would be with a farm supply.