PDA

View Full Version : Mud Flaps on Toy Hauler?

BlueknightWI
09-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Living in a rural area as we do, sometimes when we get to a campgrounds we need to drive on some gravel. Of course when it rains then you spray mud up from the wheels onto the rear steps. I've been wondering if anyone has installed a set of mudflaps on your TH. I've searched this forum and found nothing. If you have, how did you fabricate the bracket and attach it to the flimsy edging on the outer portion of the coach? Pictures would be helpful. I have an Impact 311. I would love to get some H-D flaps but don't know if this is feasible. 11185

roadglide
09-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Not a bad idea. I think a light weight metal deflector in front and rear of each tire might work for road grime . I have been kicking around idea to add aluminum strip under each wheel well and seal it . I like the mud flay idea.

JRTJH
09-12-2016, 11:11 AM
A couple of members have installed flaps on their trailer. TruckerLou is one. Some pictures of his work are located in these threads: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21026&page=2

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?p=56870#post56870

BlueknightWI
09-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys!

Desert185
09-19-2016, 07:59 PM
TowTector aluminum version has worked well for me.

https://mudflaps.com/c-290500-mud-flaps-by-style-towtector-brush-system.html

BlueknightWI
09-20-2016, 05:22 AM
Thanks, but I was asking about putting flaps on the toy hauler to keep mud and debris off the body and the rear steps.

TowTector aluminum version has worked well for me.

https://mudflaps.com/c-290500-mud-flaps-by-style-towtector-brush-system.html

tinman50
09-20-2016, 08:16 PM
i have the same problem camping in the national forest all the time i solved the problem by riveting a aluminum plate to the brackets under the back steps. keeps all the gravel and mud off the steps off the steps.

msp2jxr
09-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Here are the mudflaps I made for my 2016 Impact 311.

I used stuff laying around my garage. I used an angle bracket and welded it to the frame and bolted it to the tin apron.

Desert185
09-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Thanks, but I was asking about putting flaps on the toy hauler to keep mud and debris off the body and the rear steps.

I see that. :banghead:

BlueknightWI
09-22-2016, 04:12 AM
That is impressive as heck. Thanks for the great pictures. This is what I was envisioning in my head but was unsure if anyone had done it. Looks solid! Love how you personalized it.

Here are the mudflaps I made for my 2016 Impact 311.

I used stuff laying around my garage. I used an angle bracket and welded it to the frame and bolted it to the tin apron.

msp2jxr
09-22-2016, 12:47 PM
I went on line and had a sign made with "Impact 311" on top and bottom and then cut the sign in half. It was alittle tight getting the flaps ahead of the jacks but it can be done. I have not had any problems with them and it keeps the mud and junk off the jack pads. I'm like you and didn't like cleaning the mud and goo off the legs. Not sure if you have the rear air but we took the higher bed out and then put a rod up across the back door so we can still have the back air on and use the door as a patio.

BlueknightWI
09-23-2016, 06:43 AM
We don't have rear air-yet. All wired for it. Next year. Also don't have the 6 point landing gear. But I do like what you've done,. We love this coach and intend to keep it for the long haul.

msp2jxr
09-23-2016, 09:43 AM
The wife and I have been happpy with our purchase. We have not loaded the Goldwing in it the back yet but love using the door as a patio. We have a had a couple minor issues but so far nothing major. The black vent tank was blocked with a wooden disc and everytime you used the stool the smell would come back through with the flushing. Also the tanks were mis-labeled. So far i have added a back up camera, an accumaltor tank and an electric, fireplace in the cabinet entry area.

Rhinoone82
09-25-2016, 10:36 AM
The wife and I have been happpy with our purchase. We have not loaded the Goldwing in it the back yet but love using the door as a patio. We have a had a couple minor issues but so far nothing major. The black vent tank was blocked with a wooden disc and everytime you used the stool the smell would come back through with the flushing. Also the tanks were mis-labeled. So far i have added a back up camera, an accumaltor tank and an electric, fireplace in the cabinet entry area.

What did you go with for the back up camera? I have a 2015 Impact 311 and have wanted to add one. Not sure if the wireless would work.

msp2jxr
09-27-2016, 06:32 AM
We have wireless camera that we got through TADDI Brothers. They have very good service and have been pleased with the company. Everything you get fromt them is plug and play. If you go the wireless route get the strongest transmitters they have. The first ones I ordered did not give me a clear clear picture all the time and I called Taddi and they sent me stronger replacement transmitter and receiver free of charge and they worked great. I pulled power for the transmitter in the trailer from the motor that drives the bed in the back. I installed a switch on the wall so I can turn the transmitter on and off at will.

Rhinoone82
09-27-2016, 01:07 PM
We have wireless camera that we got through TADDI Brothers. They have very good service and have been pleased with the company. Everything you get fromt them is plug and play. If you go the wireless route get the strongest transmitters they have. The first ones I ordered did not give me a clear clear picture all the time and I called Taddi and they sent me stronger replacement transmitter and receiver free of charge and they worked great. I pulled power for the transmitter in the trailer from the motor that drives the bed in the back. I installed a switch on the wall so I can turn the transmitter on and off at will.
Do you know which model you ended up getting then? Do you have any pictures of your install. I want to do this but am unsure of things.

msp2jxr
09-30-2016, 06:43 AM
I will look it up and send you some pictures of our install.

msp2jxr
10-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Here are my pictures of the rear camera install I bought from Taddi Brothers. They stand behind their mechandise. This is not the prettiest installation but it works and it is in the garage. I purchased the monitor that mounted on the rear view mirror and then puchased the upgraded transmitter and recievers. I would call Taddi Brothers and they will be happy to assist you in getting what works best for your situation. (7-Inch Mirror with 120° RV Backup Camera- Sku-43199). http://www.tadibrothers.com/category/backup-camera-systems

Rhinoone82
10-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Here are my pictures of the rear camera install I bought from Taddi Brothers. They stand behind their mechandise. This is not the pretties installation but it works and it is in the garage. I purchased the monitor that mounted on the rear view mirror and then puchased the upgraded transmitter and recievers. I would call Taddi Brothers and they will be happy to assist you in getting what works best for your situation. (7-Inch Mirror with 120° RV Backup Camera- Sku-43199). http://www.tadibrothers.com/category/backup-camera-systems

Thanks for the pics and the model. I will need to contact them and see about getting a system ordered up.

msp2jxr
10-06-2016, 12:38 PM
No problem, looks like you have a nice set up.