PDA

View Full Version : What and why?

Hankintu
09-08-2016, 02:41 AM
What appears to be crumbs or Styrofoam sawdust are appearing at the hinge point of one of our fold out bunk end as we have a hybrid. Olny on one, the hitch end as this camper has three bunks.
Any ideas why these are now appearing? The camper has been in the parking area of our driveway with the bunk ends down for several weeks.

Is this Styrofoam that is coming from the interior of the bunk end in the form of sawdust? It seriously appears to be as it melts and gets sticky.

My guess is that this is sawdust from a board of Styrofoam in the front bunk cap that is in the middle of the bunk cap, but I cannot figure out why it is showing up as this camper has not moved for over three weeks.

Are there insects that thrive on Styrofoam? That would be a first for me.

Any thoughts out there?

bsmith0404
09-08-2016, 03:44 AM
Are you sure you don't have a rodent problem?

busterbrown
09-08-2016, 05:31 AM
Are you sure you don't have a rodent problem?

That's what i was thinking.

GaryWT
09-08-2016, 06:44 AM
That would be my guess. Take the mattress out and look for holes and what not, see if there is a critter in there.

Covered Wagon
09-08-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm afraid it looks like mice have been there. Just put some mouse traps an bait under the bed. Peanut butter and American cheese are the best baits known to man. Trust me I know

Hankintu
09-09-2016, 03:04 AM
It may be mouse, if so, he is pretty careful about droppings, not one to be seen anywhere as I was the one with the hand vac, did the entire bunk end.

Putting a trap or two isn't going to hurt though with the fall moving in.

Good thing DW isn't afflicted with musophobia. :eek:

At least we have 3 bunks, that crumbed up one is the one I normally use, think I will use the spare guest bunk this weekend!

I will include a pic if you all are right!.

hankaye
09-09-2016, 05:26 AM
Hankintu, Howdy;

I think it's the dark specks in photo #1 that have folks guessing mice.
They sure look like mouse turds to me from the distance shown ...

hankaye

bsmith0404
09-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Put some traps out and place dryer sheets all around the inside on the trailer. Rodents don't like dryer sheets for some reason.

Hankintu
09-13-2016, 03:08 AM
Thanks all, jury is still out though. I know those look like mouse turds in the pic, but they aren't, they are jagged edged, just can not see in the little photo.

I get a lot of experience with the droppings as every fall they like to move in to the offices at work being a building on ground floor.

Inspected mattress and area while camping this weekend, didn't find any holes, but you guys have been dead on in the past on questions I have had so I put some traps out now that we are back.