PDA

View Full Version : Exterior slideout floor

tdawg
09-07-2016, 10:54 AM
The kitchen slide out in my 2013 Alpine 3535. The outside bottom floor that is covered by the black covering seems soft when you push on it. I have not seen a leak that I am aware of. I am guessing the slide would need to be over extended to replace the wood that is covered by the black material. Has anyone had this happen and how expensive it is to repair.

chuckster57
09-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Hate to be the bad news bear, replacing a slide floor is a very extensive repair.

The slide has to come out, and the entire room has to be laid on its back ( sidewall). Then everything attached to the floor had to be undone....you get the picture by now. How expensive? It can easily be 5K or more.

tdawg
09-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Chuckster not sure if this makes a difference it's not the interior floor it's the exterior floor on ouside bottom of slide maybe they are same subfloor?

chuckster57
09-07-2016, 05:40 PM
The floor of the slide is one piece of material. There isn't any layers.

hankpage
09-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Is it possible that the "soft" you are feeling is the insulation under the chloroplast??? Mine has had a soft feeling since it was new and has stayed the same ..... I assumed it was some form of thin insulation ... But I have been known to be wrong before. For your sake, I hope I'm right. Hank

chuckster57
09-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Hank: I don't believe there is any coroplast on the exterior of the slide floor. There is a "cloth" that is put on for water proofing. Since this covering keeps water out, it may be keeping water "in". It is the kitchen slide so there will be water lines and drains with flexible fittings. It's possible any given joint may be seeping. Rain water on a slide roof can travel in strange paths.

Tdawg: at this point you might want to get some repair tape made for the material under the slide. Then carefully cut the fabric for a closer inspection. If it has had water damage, it should be readily visible.

tdawg
09-08-2016, 02:59 AM
Is their a special repair tape for the plastic material?. I have checked floor under sink and refrigerator and their is no sign of water damage also by looking at the bottom of slide their is no sign of damage to floor by looking at it just is not as solid as the other slides are. Inspection will tell the story.

slow
09-08-2016, 03:02 AM
Is their a special repair tape for the plastic material?. .............

This has worked well for me:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=727&pictureid=3889

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=727&pictureid=3889

chuckster57
09-08-2016, 06:53 AM
That's what we use.