PDA

View Full Version : Normandy Farms, Foxboro, MA

Pull Toy
09-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Probably made it harder to find next years site for our rig, but here goes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJbe1EYJ20

Ten years now, at least two to three full weeks at different times during the season, NEVER DISSAPOINTED! Better each visit!
If you check out their Dog Park pic's... the Mini Schnauzers on the Bridge in the two acre+ DOG PARK are Ava and Emma. (They grew up here. and consider it theirs).

Be prepared to be spoiled! Roughing it will never be the same again!

p.s. Only caveat is that they are 3 miles south of Gillette Stadium on Route 1, NE Patriots and concerts can cause congestion ,on weekends , plan accordingly, as there are times not to be on the Boston Post Road (US Route 1)
The staff. web site, and bulletin board are really good about giving alternate routes to good food and good fun..

smpremier
09-02-2016, 04:27 PM
How far ahead do you think to make a reservation? Would love to stay there after football season. Maybe may or june.

gregrc75
09-02-2016, 05:00 PM
I am actually at Normandy now! I was lucky to grab a cancellation spot 3 days ago for the long weekend.
If you are going midweek in May or June you can probably get a spot with little problem. Midweek being checking in Sunday or later and leaving by Friday. If you are looking for the weekend, they do book up fast. Their website allows you to book on line and It is easy to see the availability.
It's a great place and only 40 mins away for me.

gearhead
09-03-2016, 04:26 AM
I've read for years how good this place is. I've always thought if we ever do New England that this would be a stop. Does it get the high ratings just as a nice campground or the proximity to Boston? I see a couple golf courses and the stadium, maybe that's what it is?
I'm not much for just hanging around a RV park, but that's just me.

gregrc75
09-03-2016, 05:52 AM
In my opinion it is both location place itself. While it is not near the ocean, it is a good jumping off point. From the campground we go for hikes at various places, Providence and Boston are nearby (as well as other great New England towns), stadium, outlets, golfing etc etc....
Also, it's a great place to relax and enjoy the park itself.

GaryWT
09-03-2016, 04:00 PM
We love Normandy Farms, not many campground that you can book spa treatments at. We generally go off season as in season the require a week either Friday to Friday, sat to sat or Sunday to Sunday. Great pools and activities, lots of fun. The area is great as well.

schmeg
10-10-2016, 04:43 PM
We love the place. And we live in Maine which is loaded with good campgrounds. Normandy is truly a nice place. The employees go out of the way to make things nice for your stay. The lots are really nice. We are taking advantage of their spring season special next year. Apr/May season. The place is pricey, but you get what you pay for.

gearhead
10-15-2016, 03:31 PM
We love Normandy Farms, not many campground that you can book spa treatments at. We generally go off season as in season the require a week either Friday to Friday, sat to sat or Sunday to Sunday. Great pools and activities, lots of fun. The area is great as well.

Spa. Spa? Hmmm. As in getting my toenails done and maybe a massage??
A week? I'll just be passing through. Eh, maybe not.

gregrc75
10-17-2016, 04:02 AM
Spa. Spa? Hmmm. As in getting my toenails done and maybe a massage??
A week? I'll just be passing through. Eh, maybe not.

They don't require a week stay. I have only seen a 2 or 3 night min stay on holiday weekends. The cabins do require a week stay, though.