PDA

View Full Version : Keystone and Jaco

roadglide
09-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Keystone just bought out Jayco for 565 million.You cant always beleave what a dealr says but I googled . It appears Thor and Keystone are partner in the rv industry and now owning Jayco.

bsmith0404
09-02-2016, 04:01 AM
Yes, that happened back in June, for just a mere $576m. I got the info from some friends that transport Jayco, forgot to inform everyone here. So now Thor adds 4 brands to their lineup, Jayco, Starcraft, Entegra Coach, and Highland Ridge. One thing I have noticed about Thor is that they provide some management oversight, but still maintain brand separation. I wouldn't expect too many changes visible to the average consumer.

BirchyBoy
09-02-2016, 04:14 AM
The purchase was reported many times in the Highland Ridge site I belong to now. It never occurred to me that it hadn't been reported here. There is an updated post detailing how Thor will leave Jayco as-is, except for where cost savings can be achieved via better purchase contracts, etc. The management is staying as-is for now.

gearhead
09-02-2016, 04:40 AM
They bought Livin Lite as well, don't remember how long ago. They say they leave them alone to manage themselves. Don't know how much of that I believe.
I suppose that leaves Thor, Forest River, and Winnebago and the much smaller companies. Until they get bought out.

Laredo291OH
09-02-2016, 05:16 AM
I live about 15 minutes from the Airstream factory here in Ohio. That is also a Thor owned company. I know several people that work there and it appears to me that Thor pretty well leaves them alone. Judging by the $90 million expansion that Airstream just completed I'm guessing things are going well in the RV industry.

chuckster57
09-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Judging by the $90 million expansion that Airstream just completed I'm guessing things are going well in the RV industry.

I get regular email news letters from RVDA, and the last one spoke to that.

The summer selling season for RV's is winding down, but July shipment numbers show the industry is continuing its momentum this year. Wholesale RV shipments to retailers increased 4.6 percent to 28,350 compared to 27,106 in July 2015.....Year to date, shipments have increased 10.8 percent to 254,636 compared to 229,759 during the same 7 Month period in 2015