PDA

View Full Version : Something Else to Check

JRTJH
08-29-2016, 03:43 PM
I was on the roof of the Cougar today cleaning and reapplying 303. As I was scrubbing, I noticed three spots under the antenna that were starting to wear. When the antenna is stored for travel, there are three "bumper stops" that rest on the roof. Apparently there's just enough movement with this antenna to allow it to vibrate during travel. Anyway, after getting everything clean and dry, I applied a 6 x 18" piece of Eternabond tape to the area. Now the antenna won't wear though the TPO, and the Eternabond can be replaced if it does wear further.

So, if you haven't checked your antenna "storage position", just a heads up...

hankpage
08-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks John, Something else to look for!!!! When I replaced my wingman with the Jack a few years ago I noticed the same spots on my EPDM but not too bad. I would have thought that the smoother TPO roof would have resisted scuffing better than EPDM. The Jack is much lighter and does not seem to rub any spots, but now you will have me climbing up there tomorrow to make sure. As always, thanks a lot, Hank ;)

B-O-B'03
08-30-2016, 10:32 AM
I was on the roof of the Cougar today cleaning and reapplying 303. As I was scrubbing, I noticed three spots under the antenna that were starting to wear. When the antenna is stored for travel, there are three "bumper stops" that rest on the roof. Apparently there's just enough movement with this antenna to allow it to vibrate during travel. Anyway, after getting everything clean and dry, I applied a 6 x 18" piece of Eternabond tape to the area. Now the antenna won't wear though the TPO, and the Eternabond can be replaced if it does wear further.

So, if you haven't checked your antenna "storage position", just a heads up...

I wondered about that, when I added the wingman... but promptly forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder.

-Brian