PDA

View Full Version : Dexter EZ Flex life??

eds451
08-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Back in 2011 (never thought 2011 was a long time ago) I installed Dexter EZ Flex equalizers on my 5th wheel. That along with a MorRyde King pin, all but eliminated my chucking and smoothed out the ride/pull (whatever).
Fast forward to a month ago, I was crawling under the trailer looking at different things I noticed the rubber bushings in the equalizers were split in several places.
I emailed Dexter and sent pics and they said the rubber appeared ... OK.
Anyway, I found a new pair for less than 1/2 price on ebay and replaced old equalizers today.
Here are pics of the old and new Dexters. The old rubber I can easily remove from the pincher. The new ones I could not.

Deja vu, just like in 2011, I took 2 of my tires in to get balanced and found the belts were separating, so just like then..new tires.

hankpage
08-26-2016, 07:29 PM
I have wondered the same thing. Last time I crawled under I notice some cracking but they did not appear compressed like yours. ( for lack of a better description ... perhaps because mine are still under a load.) I installed mine in 10/09 but they only have about 15,000 mi. on then. Wet bolts and bushings seem to be good as new. Even in this condition, I am sure they are still much better than OEM. Always good to find another nut who crawls under their rigs periodically. Travel safely, Hank

Brentw
08-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Thanks,just installed a set of these. There is no doubt the ride is better. Glad to hear of an expected life.
Havent gone to the pin box yet, Im a bit frugal.......

eds451
08-27-2016, 08:12 PM
I found a pic of the equalizer I sent Dexter under load. The splits are easily seen.

hankpage
08-28-2016, 08:14 AM
I found a pic of the equalizer I sent Dexter under load. The splits are easily seen.

YEP! That's what mine look like. They still seem to do the job, so for now I'm not concerned. http://keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1170