PDA

View Full Version : Loose Shower Faucet

ftrupe
08-25-2016, 03:47 AM
We just returned from an 8 day trip to Ct. Four days at Strawberry Park and 4 at Aces High. Both campgrounds offered different perspectives, but were very nice.

While showering, I noticed the faucet was loose, but not coming away from the wall. It is in 2 pieces, and the outer one has a rubber gasket where it is separating from the one attached to the wall. I thought if I removed the handles and tightened the large nut around the spindle, it would tighten it up. However, that only tightens it to the piece that is loose. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to break the silicon seal and remove the 4 screws and take the inner box off the wall. Anyone have any suggestions as to how that is on and how to tighten it?

bsmith0404
08-25-2016, 04:35 AM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the outer cover that is loose is only held on by the 4 screws. It is basically a decorative cover. There isn't much for the screws to bite into so they can loosen or strip very easily. Have you tried turning them (gently) to see if that will cure your problem? Here is a youtube video that gives you an idea of how these are put together. It's a different type than you have, but they are installed the same way. A little more silicone can always fill the gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8l_L5mrsE

ftrupe
08-25-2016, 12:53 PM
There are no screws in the outer cover, only the inside box that is attached to the wall. That is the problem.

JRTJH
08-25-2016, 01:21 PM
Although the pictures I'm posting aren't "exactly like" your shower faucet, if you remove the four #2 screws, you'll probably find that behind the faucet are two "screw on rings" that are loose. Tighten them, apply fresh silicone around the mounting fixture and reinstall on your shower wall with the four #2 screws. Touch up with more silicone once you're sure it's in place and secure and let the silicone harden overnight. You'll be "good to go"

In the third picture, it's those two "black rings" that secure the faucet to the wall fixture. Your "black rings" are loose on the valve stems.

hankpage
08-25-2016, 01:46 PM
We just returned from an 8 day trip to Ct. Four days at Strawberry Park and 4 at Aces High. Both campgrounds offered different perspectives, but were very nice.

While showering, I noticed the faucet was loose, but not coming away from the wall. It is in 2 pieces, and the outer one has a rubber gasket where it is separating from the one attached to the wall. I thought if I removed the handles and tightened the large nut around the spindle, it would tighten it up. However, that only tightens it to the piece that is loose. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to break the silicon seal and remove the 4 screws and take the inner box off the wall. Anyone have any suggestions as to how that is on and how to tighten it?

What model trailer do you have??? Many models have an access point on the wall in the next room to the shower. (An 8 to 10 inch square piece of paneling attached with one or two screws. Sometimes located behind entertainment center.) If you have this panel, remove it and hand tighten the rings that JRTJH Mentioned. JM2¢, Hank

ftrupe
08-25-2016, 03:29 PM
JRT

Thanks. I thought I needed to take it off the wall and then tighten it up. I just hope there is enough play in the pex to pull it out enough to get to the rings.

And Hank, it is a 23RB, with the faucet on the rear outside wall; no acess panel.

chuckster57
08-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Trust me, it's a tight fit. You will probably review some of your vocabulary during the repair.

ftrupe
08-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the input. Took the faucet off, tightened the nuts, and put it back together. There was enough room to reach in and complete the job.:)