PDA

View Full Version : Laredo 314RE Baggage Doors

JimDogs
08-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Hello all! My 2015 Laredo 314RE has only 1 baggage door, on the curb side. It make for a long reach to get items that I have stuffed all the way to the other side! I have noticed, in pictures, that some of these units come with a road side door, which is smaller than the curb side door. I have also noticed that some even come with a door on the bed slide for under-bed outside access!

If any of you have this model with these doors, would you be willing to respond with the measurements? I can order the doors from Trekwood RV parts if I know what size to order. Thanks in advance for your help!

INJEKTER
09-01-2016, 07:06 AM
i just bought the outback 328rl. i have the passenger side door and no door on the opposite side.. making for the long reach..the plan shows a corresponding door, but the water heater is there....i was going to get an awning hook to pull stuff out, but i found that i place my chairs in there first and i can still reach them....i also have the large storage door on the drivers side in the slide....

JimDogs
09-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Yes, I too have been using the hook to reach plastic tubs and patio mats that I have stored in the long reach. In looking at pictures of your rig I see that it appears similar. Could I ask you to measure both your bedroom slide width and the length/height of the baggage door and post here? Could you also measure the baggage door on the curb side and post those measurements? It would be a big help in deciding. Thanks in advance!

Chuck M
09-05-2016, 06:47 PM
I just purchased a 328RL also. I used to drive tractor trailer, so I have my kingpin puller and it works like a charm. However, I have been unable to find the hot water heater bypass for winterizing the TT. If it is at the back of the storage space, it will take a very small person to get in there to drop the panel and turn the bypass. Have you happened to see another way or find it in another location?

chuckster57
09-05-2016, 07:04 PM
The bypass valve will be on the backside of the water heater. Some can be a PITA to access.